• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Starting off with a new rig and cooling choice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
what do you want to watercool? THe cpu alone? or maybe cpu and gfx?

150 might be a little tight depending on what you want to cool.

The cpu GFX and the memory? I don't know too much about watercooling but that's what I'm technically going to be overclocking so I figure Ill cool that ? :s

-Paul

_ going to sleep will answer tomorrow

Just cool the CPU and graphics card, memory blocks are very restrictive so most people use a seperate dedicated loop for them.

A low CFM 80mm or a line of 60mm fans is more than adequate to cool even the most over-volted memory :)

I don't think $150 will adequately cool a CPU and GFX card. Between a decent pump, rad (240mm at least for those components), blocks and fans you're looking at slightly more than that, atleast in the UK you are.

Alright I think I'll cool just my cpu, Would using air cooling along with it for the other components be fine? or what

myslik said:
Alright I think I'll cool just my cpu, Would using air cooling along with it for the other components be fine? or what

Air cooling for the GPU and chipsets is fine. Since CPU temps are the most imporant... (unless you are running a rediculous SLI/Crossfire setup)

Where exactly would I put all this stuff inside of my case? Just put the waterpump in an open drive spot?

Here is how I have mine set up:

IMG_4953.jpg

Pump is on the bottom of the case and routed a Y-fitting with the res and output of the rad.

Back