• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stealthed cd rom

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
LOL... i looked at the top one and said "There's nothing stealth about the CD-ROM"

But then the real stealth one popped out at me :D

nice work.

yeah im about to do that top one too so knowone can tell i hav cd drives period ooh yeah and when i press ctrl-alt-o the drive opens up so i dont have to go into my computer then right click on the cd rom drive

cool yeah i thought it would be a first but i cant wait till i get around to painting my case acutally that is finding the cash to buy the paint.(me poor :( ) man i love my new dremel taht i spent 50$ on today

That first pic is misleading! I also thought that there was nothing special about the stealth until I saw the second picture. Nice job, fooled my eyes. :D

wildbilly2k said:
yeah im about to do that top one too so knowone can tell i hav cd drives period ooh yeah and when i press ctrl-alt-o the drive opens up so i dont have to go into my computer then right click on the cd rom drive

If you just put something on the drive cover that goes over the eject button, you can just press on your cover to eject cd-roms.

hmm good idea i think i will just go get more legos now cause i did use a shaved down lego to make the space between the cover and the drive perfect ooh ya here is my second drive finished

Sniperboy said:

If you just put something on the drive cover that goes over the eject button, you can just press on your cover to eject cd-roms.

yup just finished that now man

yeah im cutting the top in my case right now but i ran out of those little bit things for my dremel so i need go to the sotre and get some more but i cant wait to i have my case the most compleyetly modded ever specially after i paint it

what did you use to attach the plate to the tray? I'm working on that very same thing right now, with my comp, and I'm using silicon to do it. It's working, so far, but I'm just wondering how you did it.
Doc

i found a hot glue gun in my garage.
and on the first drive i used plastic model cement but i ran out so that is why i used the glue gun.

LOL, imma try to stealth my little alot cover thingys by making them look like cd-roms! :eek:

hot glue gun. I see. I used black silicone and a couple of nuts. I have some trimming to do, but it's finished. I'll post pics in another post and link to it. You did good.
"CT's Win!"
Doc

Back