• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Steam Link for 5 bucks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Definitely a cool deal. I got my steam link just after christmas last year for $10 on sale with steam. Definitely worth the money especially if you can do full wired. My steam link has less latency than my TV does so it bascially feels like playing native.

I got one too. Never open the box tho and have no clue why I even spent the money on it. Now I can't even give the dam thing away. Makes a great paperweight tho.

The "$5" got my attention, but I'm not a Steamer and my TV is my display.

Actually thats the cool thing about it; once you get it set up and connected, its simply a screen mirroring device. I use it for playing emulator games on my tv in my bedroom.

Actually thats the cool thing about it; once you get it set up and connected, its simply a screen mirroring device. I use it for playing emulator games on my tv in my bedroom.

It just streams to another display? So it makes a display wireless? Now that could be interesting, and worth buying a TV for the bedroom. Hmmmm......

edit: And it's down to $4!

It just streams to another display? So it makes a display wireless? Now that could be interesting, and worth buying a TV for the bedroom. Hmmmm......

edit: And it's down to $4!

Kinda. Its an RDP box basically creates a second mirror of your desktop wherever you want in the home. Has USB ports for connecting whatever kind of inputs you want gamepad, keyboard, mouse, touch input, etc. I have my steam link out in the den, my desktop in my bedroom, and my laptop out in the office. With steam link I can access either my desktop or my laptop while sitting on my sofa.

Sounds useful, especially since I'm stuck with DSL and one outlet. My rig is my HTPC/gaming/TV rig, so moving the tower isn't much of an option. A mirrored desktop in the bedroom would be handy if lets me browse movies from my main rig.

Sounds useful, especially since I'm stuck with DSL and one outlet. My rig is my HTPC/gaming/TV rig, so moving the tower isn't much of an option. A mirrored desktop in the bedroom would be handy if lets me browse movies from my main rig.

Works like you're thinking it does.

Back