• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stock HSF Cooler for 3570K - OK for Stock Speed?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CreePinG_DeatH

I am transferring from a socket 775 system to 1155 (e6550 to 3570K) and had a quick question. I do not plan on overclocking anything right now; will the stock Intel HSF cool adequately? My gut says yes, but I am asking anyway.

I had used a TRUE 120 with the e6550, and now would have to purchase the bolt through kit for $26 including shipping/tax. I was debating with myself whether to purchase that or another HSF, but then tried to reason that I am not OCing right now anyway... The only saving thought would be that my mobo tray doesn't have an access panel so I'll have to remove everything to install the backplate, but I digress.

Does the stock cooler do an OK job? I've already applied AS5. TIA

Yes the stock cooler will be fine with no OC or even a mild one. I will say that for the $26 it is worth getting the new mounting kit for the TRUE over a new heatsink in my opinion if you go that route. I have a TRUE on my 3770k and keeps it plenty cool a 4.5.

I'm not sure the noise levels of the stock cooler (I don't think I've used a stock cooler since my first socket a system lol) but with the TRUE at stock speeds you wouldn't need much of a fan to keep it cool with nest to no noise.

Good Point about the sound of the stock cooler. I imagine it'll give quite a humming/buzz since the fan blades are so small, especially compared to my gentle typhoons. Thanks for the reassurance btw. It turns out I have to wait an extra day or so anyway since my DVD drive is IDE, not sata, and thus have to get a different drive.

Back