• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

strange readings?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Como

i'm currently trying to DIVX encode a video someone shot and burned onto DVD.

i encoded it entirely using the MMX fast IDT option (i'm using something called "flask" i found) and my temps never went ubove 25C, while my case stayes at 22.

however, the file was corrupt when done. So, now i'm doing it agan, woth an X86 optimised something or other. (theres an x87 but it crashes instantly...is that hte a64 thing?)

anyways, this time my case temp is the same, and my CPU temp is 35, 1C less than my TOAST temp...

is this simply because the first encoding wasnt using hte processor to its full extent?(it seems to be going faster this time...)

the reason i ask is, sometimes whne i boot the computer MBM5 reads my computer as 2223 mhz, and others it reads as 1193 or something....(this time its the lower #)

running at 223X10

i think mbm5 tends to misread the actual speed of your CPU at certain multi's. Sometimes it can be WAY off at other multi's. It either has something to do with the nforce2 chipset or the abit nf7-s. Also, when you were encoding with that other mode, your probably weren't encoding anything at all, which may explain why your cpu wasn't working much. (judging by the temp) I remember one time I made an attempt at divxing up a movie and I waited forever and finally when it got done, the movie file was 0KB hehe. I wasn't using Flask though.

well it was definately something, the finished file was a good 2-3 gigs, as always...i've had corrupt files from it before, though. i've only sucessfully encoded 2 things with this...i'll have to get better software.

you're not overclocked are you? if so, make sure you're passing the prime 95 torture tests. (at least an hours worth)

A program I suggest for encoding things is Virtual Dub

i am oc'd....running 223X10 whre its a 1700+. it passes prime just fine, i let it go for a few hours, maybe 5....i'm not streesing my stability yet, thats AFTER i get some mobo cooling.
\
the encoding last night finished, it works...i'll look into virtual dub, i tired it before but couldnt figure it out.

Back