• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sucka's Venice Results (56K Warning)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ozziegn said:
YOUCH! $344 ? :(

man, is that the going rate for a 3700+ SD chip?

It's a retail, i think that's about average. Got it from Monarch. Same thing applies with this chip, i'll more than likely sell it after a week of testing.

Sucka said:
It's a retail, i think that's about average. Got it from Monarch. Same thing applies with this chip, i'll more than likely sell it after a week of testing.

man, you must take a pretty good beating when you sell these chips.

by the way, do you ditch the CPUs on FS/FT sections of the forum or do you ebay them?

ozziegn said:
man, you must take a pretty good beating when you sell these chips.

by the way, do you ditch the CPUs on FS/FT sections of the forum or do you ebay them?

Yeah, i take a little hit, but that's just part of the game i play.

I always sell them here first. I also will list at *gasp* [H], they have a very active FS/FT section, and all my transactions over there have been as clean as they are here. No one said having nice hardware was cheap :p

g0dM@n said:
Sucka, what was your final Venice clocks/scores/etc...

I haven't been able to bench it any higher than 3300MHz, but i kinnda gave up trying. 1.648v is THE sweet spot on this chip. I can 3D all day long at 3200MHz, i get occasional crash/reboot 3D'ing higher than that. What scores would you like to see? I broke both my Aqua and 3D2001 scores with this CPU, i just don't have enough MHz on core/mem to score well with 03/05. I haven't really updated anything in this thread, so you can browse it backwards and see my max benchies. I'm sure i could get a few higher if i try. This chip has gotten better the longer i've owned it. Let me know if there's anything you want to see specifically. I have a list of marks i saved :p

gahhh, i just read through the first five pages... too bad im flat broke... need to finish quad xeon setup first

Albaholic said:
gahhh, i just read through the first five pages... too bad im flat broke... need to finish quad xeon setup first

Yeah, the thread kinnda blew up :p There are some better and better results as you read. Quad Xeon, yummy...

Let me know if there's anything you want to see specifically. I have a list of marks i saved

I know you have posted all benchmarks but could you type in the final numbers here so everyone don't have to browse through thirteen pages to find out please.

CPU: xxxx MHz
CPU: xx Multiplier
CPU: x.xxx Volt
Mem: xxx MHz
Mem: x.xx Volt
VGA Core: xxx MHz
VGA Mem: xxx MHz
CPU Temp: -xx Celcius
GPU Temp: xx Celcius
GPU Envir. Temp: xx Celcius
Motherboard BIOS: v.xxxx
Motherboard revision: v.xxxx (if availiable)

Also all the numbers ON the CPU but exclude your serialnumber (last bottom row ON CPU)

I myself are currently using a so called FX-Reject 3500+ and can only get 2780MHz on an Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe with watercooling.
I want all your thoughts about the DFI NF4 motherboard.

Ohh and one more thing to all you DFI NF4 owners. Could you serv me the TOTALLY STOCK CLOCK mem benchmark in SiSoftSandra.
I wan't to know what such MB produce with a 3500+ and mems at 400MHz in around 3-4-4-8 (Comparing to my HyperX's)

Took down 97K in AM3 with this CPU and a stock cooled v-card. I don't think you'll find many unmodded stock cards out there that can do that!

Last edited:
CPU: 3300 MHz (Max benchable, ~3220MHz or so i consider stable)
CPU: 11 Multiplier
CPU: 1.648 Volt
Mem: 300 MHz
Mem: 2.70 Volt
LDT: 3x - 1.3 Volt
NorthBridge: 1.6 Volt
VGA Core: 620 MHz
VGA Mem: 630 MHz (no mods, stock cooler, this will go up much higher)
CPU Temp: Evap -50° Celcius
CPU BIOS Temp: -17° Celcius
GPU Temp: 36 Celcius
GPU Envir. Temp: 41 (?) Celcius
Motherboard BIOS: v.4/14-3
Motherboard revision: Unknown, DFI SLI-DR (if availiable)

Last edited:
why only a 3500+?

if you spent $900 on a CPU cooler... why only get a 3500+? why not go for the 4000+ venice?

just wondering.

Sucka said:
Took down 97K in AM3 with this CPU and a stock cooled v-card. I don't think you'll find many unmodded stock cards out there that can do that!

zomg....now get that card up skyhigh, too, and show that 100k!

glin said:
if you spent $900 on a CPU cooler... why only get a 3500+? why not go for the 4000+ venice?

just wondering.

First off, there is no 4000+ Venice. Secondly the cooler didn't cost me $900, and lastly just because the PR rating on a CPU is higher doesn't mean that it will scale better. And with this type of cooling, it matter even less. :)

:welcome:

monarchcomputer.com has 4000+ venice. i think it's venice, might be san diego. not sure.

glin said:
monarchcomputer.com has 4000+ venice. i think it's venice, might be san diego. not sure.

3700+
4000+

1MB Level 2 Cache, San Diego

3000+
3200+
3500+
3800+

512kb Level 2 Cache, Venice core

Sucka, did you sell your 3500 Venice yet? If not, put it in your sig. :)

Venice's are good on air too. I have a 3000+ (1.8 ghz) i got from monarch for $149. I got this thing running at 270*9 at only 1.37V. Thats a 600Mhz overclock on basically stock voltage. Mem is overclocked to 220. Still testing it out though. My cpu heatsink is a coolermaster hyper6 with 2 fans on it. Temps are 33 C idle, 38 C load. I primed it overnight for 8 hours 41 minutes and had no errors or warnings (my mem was at 202).

Why don't you run a memory divider to see how far you can push the UTT?

Btw, your sig is driving me nuts!

Back