• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Support: A7S333 by asus, cant power up.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zYclone

Registered
I just ordered a new processor fan and a new heatsink for my AMD 2100xp. Ive never had problems or anything, i just thought that my cooling could use some good. I dont even overclock any of my settings. I just use everything at stock speeds. Let me describe what happened and what happens.

I first removed my old heatsink and processor fan. Then I put my new SLK-900a heatsink in. It fit fine and I didnt have any problems. I then added my Volcano 12+ ExtremeEdition by ThermalTake. I connected the power cord to my power supply, and the speed control to the controller. I try to turn on the power to my computer and I hear it turn on, I dont get any display, then 5 seconds later, it shuts down. I could try again, but about 5 seconds later, same thing, it shuts down.

I thought that it was maybe my powersupply, so i have a switch on the back of my case for watts or volts or something, and i just put it on the other option. When I tried to power up my computer now, all I would hear is a ticking noise, and my fans would turn on, but i dont even hear any motherboard "beeps". When I switch it back to the setting prior and try to turn it on, its on for about 5 seconds again, then shuts down.

So after 3 hours of experementing, I said screw it, and I was going to try and put my old fan back on. Well I did just that, and the same thing is happening. I try to turn on the power to my computer and I hear it turn on, I dont get any display, then 5 seconds later, it shuts down.

Ive tried clearing the CMOS, didnt work.
I took out the ram sticks and put them back in, didnt work.
Ive taken out the graphics card and made sure it was in, didnt work.
Ive tried only powering up the motherboard, 1 cdrom drive, and the harddrive. Didnt work.

I am at a loss for what to do. Is my powersupply bad? My motherboard? I am pretty sure its not my fans. I am going to get an A64 soon, I just want to fix this while I still have it.

Board: A7S333
Proc: AMDxp 2100 (palomino)
Ram: 2*512ddr pc2700
Gcard: Sapphire radeon 9000 128mb Pro
HD: Seagate 80gb

Back