• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Surprise

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Apo11o

Dell is selling AMD processors.
here
I realize most of you have probably seen this already but, i thought that we may want a thread here, and i didnt see one already.

Dell realized AMD had a winning product a long time ago, they had a problem selling those because they had an awesome deal with Intel, who supplied them both CPUs and chipsets for ridiculous prices.

I seriously doubt Dell is going to put AMD in any of their systems any time soon. Its probably just a ploy to get Intel to give them a better deal on their chips.

Apo11o said:
I seriously doubt Dell is going to put AMD in any of their systems any time soon. Its probably just a ploy to get Intel to give them a better deal on their chips.

I agree but it is time for Dell to come to there senses :shrug:

The Coolest said:
Dell realized AMD had a winning product a long time ago, they had a problem selling those because they had an awesome deal with Intel, who supplied them both CPUs and chipsets for ridiculous prices.
Not to mention intel paid dell (and others) to not use AMDs, if you belive the lawsuit.

But yes, this is good news indeed. I'm also seeing many HP systems with X2s in them (I saw a complete HP 3800 X2 system in a BB ad today for $1000), and even laptops with X2s, but no mention of Intel dual cores. Yay for AMD (and duallies)!

They're even popping up in the damn E-Machines brand. Creepy.

I saw a Dell press release where somewhere they said they would be using X2's and FX's in their highest-end gaming systems and opterons in some of their servers, allowing Intel to remain supreme on the 799.99 and under market. I know there are some for sale already if you phone Dell.

DarkPurity
I saw a Dell press release where somewhere they said they would be using X2's and FX's in their highest-end gaming systems and opterons in some of their servers, allowing Intel to remain supreme on the 799.99 and under market. I know there are some for sale already if you phone Dell.

Wow.
Right side of the brain's turn
Now thats i kind way of saying to intel, "Your processors are crap but great for making money" [/rant] Sorry about that, had to get that off my chest.

Now for the left side of the brain,
It probably just the fact that AMD cant possibly produce enough chips for Dell to use en masse. It will probably strain AMD to produce the amount of processors for everyone else+Dell. If only they had another Fab.

LoneWolf121188 said:
Not to mention intel paid dell (and others) to not use AMDs, if you belive the lawsuit.

But yes, this is good news indeed. I'm also seeing many HP systems with X2s in them (I saw a complete HP 3800 X2 system in a BB ad today for $1000), and even laptops with X2s, but no mention of Intel dual cores. Yay for AMD (and duallies)!

When I saw the HP1250 in our store I nearly crapped my pants, customers thought that Intel was the only one making dualies. :rolleyes:

Hope you're not a Best Buy prod, m8. That was 2.5 years of my life I want back :p.

Couldn't help but notice that you're using a Big Typhoon. I screwed up the insulator pad on mine. Any chance you used the DFI backplate and have yours? I'll pay you for it, if it doesn't fit to my new ASUS without it.

Oh I do indeed work there, but we'll see for how much longer. Had enough of this no-break routine. And the not-enough-hours crap. And the transfer back to PC sales because they don't have anyone who knows what they're doing BS.

Yet on the other hand I really can't get canned at this point... :D

I haven't assemlbed the computer in my sig quite yet, waiting for my opty to get here. Once everything is all built and what not if you still need one I'm cool with mailing it to you. Don't need to pay me or anything.

Thanks, man. I'll at least cover shipping. And look at the bright side, the Day after Thanksgiving you can work a 13 hour day in PC/HO and get plenty of green....LOL....

You should look into other work though. The only one of my friends who ever made it into the "manager club" slept her way there through the regional manager. After being there 2.5 years, I was the highest-paid hourly prod in the business region at $8.85 an hour. The call center I supervise in now pays $8.50 for 30 days, then $9.00, then 4% raises at 90 and 180 days for the agents. And mostly they **** around on the internet, and never hear the word "E-Machine".

Well that's something you don't see everyday.

Hopefully they start selling AMD cpus in their machines that they produce. Now that would be something.

edit: Oh and I like your new avatar.

Dell has been doing this for a while now and it is not the first time that it has come to light . What Dell does is offer these products to buisness and high volume customers who want something different . The news this week is that Dell has Athlon 64 and Opteron chips selling, but not so long ago , with persistent looking one could find Dell selling full AMD based servers on their buisness/enterprise website .

DarkPurity said:
Thanks, man. I'll at least cover shipping. And look at the bright side, the Day after Thanksgiving you can work a 13 hour day in PC/HO and get plenty of green....LOL....

You should look into other work though. The only one of my friends who ever made it into the "manager club" slept her way there through the regional manager. After being there 2.5 years, I was the highest-paid hourly prod in the business region at $8.85 an hour. The call center I supervise in now pays $8.50 for 30 days, then $9.00, then 4% raises at 90 and 180 days for the agents. And mostly they **** around on the internet, and never hear the word "E-Machine".

Well I'm being paid 10.55 an hour, so I'm not really complaining about pay. And hopefully I'll be getting more hours here and then I'm fine. For being 16, I really can't complain about the pay and probably don't have anywhere else to go.

And nah, shipping won't be that much. I'd rather just skip any dealing with money and just send it.

edit: Oh and I like your new avatar.
Thanks, i thought it might be more appropriate than the one of Neo. Hopefully it turns out to be the more real of the two

Dell has been doing this for a while now and it is not the first time that it has come to light

As long as it gets out. That, and its the first time i heard about it.

Back