• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Swiftech MCP35X vs MCP355 / Laing DDC2 (DIYINHK Modded) - Flow Rate Test

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

[AK]Zip

First of all I want to say this is not a scientific test I just did it for fun since it is a very good visual test. Once I gather a few other configurations I will do an actual test with a spl meter, flow meter, and manometer.

A stock Swiftech MCP35X with a revision 2 reservoir vs an early Swiftech MCP355 (DDC2) with an OCLabs top and a modified DIYINHK upgrade controller board. This test is not scientific, but quite obvious.

If someone has a dead (or functional) MCP350/355/35X or Laing DDC pump which they are willing to send in I would be able to create a full instructional video of how to install the upgrade board into your pump.

The DIYINHK board is available on eBay.

Sghgi.jpg

I have received some PM's regarding this so I will go ahead and provide some more information.

Using the stock capacitors do NOT go above 16v for normal use. If you change the capacitors you can go higher, but at some point the current will be too high for the IC and it will fail. Based on the current information I would suggest maxing out at 16v or just below that unless you know what your doing.

I will have more information on the full technical review that I will be doing in the next few days.

Back