• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Switching from Gigabyte 770T-UD3P to ASUS M4A79XTD EVO mainboard AMD 790X

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MadInsane

Yep... My gigabyte will not run 8gb of ddr3-1600 :bang head:mad:

This shiny new Asus board should be here tommorrow, not too many reviews/feedback out there but I played with the 785 Evo and it was solid. Ran my gskill (all 8gb) at full ddr3-1600 with no adjustments! Plus I'll be able to upgrade to crossfire in the future... Overclocking looks easy too. 2 oz copper and 8+2 power phase design to ensure constant voltages

Discuss

I just bought the asus board too, it looks awesome and should be here tomorrow keep me posted on how yours does.

I just bought the asus board too, it looks awesome and should be here tomorrow keep me posted on how yours does.

Well, my board STILL is not here and it is STILL listed as in stock on zipzoomfly website.

I got it for the special of $95 shipped... I cancelled my ewiz order which was $122 shipped and would have been here by now.... Grrrrrrrrr I want my board!! The board looks even more AWESOME than you think in person, just wait, lol :santa:

Hey Kenube,

Did you get your board yet? I got mine, make sure to update to the latest bios ASAP to fix the CPU NB (to enable the cpu/nb frequency setting). Mine is running at 2600mhz

Back