• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

System Seems To Struggle Loading Video Files Info

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

My rig below seems to have developed a small annoyance I have about 9 MP4 video files which everything is stored on my 500GB, I have Win 7 solely to the SSD and everything like Steam Games, Movies, Pics to the 500GB. I still have 319GB free on it and about 9 games installed yet when I have a group of MP4's it takes a bit longer to load all the info of each file and it does it one by one it never used too each file is about 4-700mb each.

The 500GB drive is about 2 years old same as the SSD which is fine loads Win 7 in about 9-12 secs flat and all programs run OK, was thinking maybe 500GB is going or it's just ware and tear over use yet games load up super fast Skyrim which I've just bought off Steam loads up brilliantly every load screen lasts one second. The system is fully defragged as I use Auslogics DiskDefrag software but it was doing it a month ago before I switched over from the inbuilt Windows Defragger.

What could it be some setting in Windows???

Back