• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Taskmanager says cpu usage 90-100%

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just like boris_37 said, but with a few more details... Open Task Manager --> "Processes" tab (enlarge the window enough so that all of the running processes are visible before taking a screenshot) | Hit Alt+PrtScn | Open MS Paint --> Edit --> Paste. This will paste the screenshot into Paint, where you can resize the pic accordingly. Save the pic with a *.jpg extension to your Desktop, then upload it to the forum's server. If the pic ends up being too large (make it as small as possible by resizing it in Paint beforehand), go to...

http://www.photobucket.com/

... open a free account, and upload your pic to their server. You can then copy to this thread the Img: tag from the pic you uploaded to Photobucket. You'll then want to follow the same procedure after opening the "Performance" tab in Task Manager.

Thanks so much guys. You were right about the windows installation being FUBAR.
Just noticed a scratch on the cd. The scratch is on the top. What should I do?

if it's small go find a friend with a disc dr. otherwise go out and buy one yourself, they are like $30 and can clean scratches off... i dunno, a lot of cd's

Thanks! Cant believe how much time I have spent working on this because of a scratch. The scratch is on the label side so the data is gone. Next time I will make sure to COPY the cd as soon as I get it.

Dude... If the disc is scratched you would have problems during install when copying files. If you didn't get errors during the file copy, the disc is fine. Thats not your problem. :rolleyes:

Post the screenshot please.

I formatted the drive and installed xp64 alone and everything so far is running perfect. As soon as I finish updating all drivers and service packs I will post. I am going to reinstall XP with an unscratched copy and see if that works.

Back