• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TbredA 2000+ oc help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

s[H]sIkuA

my temps are very high , on my MSI KT4V mobo it read 50-54C! and this is on stock (166x10)

i use a normal thermal compound and will buy AS3 ASAP :) and using Volcano7+ with medium speed (cant stand the sound)

maybe this high temps is due to the thermal grease i put myself (well first time doing it)

Is this temperature normal ?

this CPU ran incredibly hot for me as well, so I just sold it.

on my Epox 8RDA it ran 54C under no load with a volcano 9, and on my Epox 8K3A+ it's ran 66C under no load.
I could not believe how ineffective a volcano 9 was at cooling this particular CPU and I figured someone else will have more luck with it then I did, and I maxed it out at 2.18 ghz.

Hummm.. It weire.. I'm runing my AGIUA 1800 at 38c full load and only 30 C at Idl.. Here all my Ambient temp 21C, Case temp 26C and Diode temp 43 full load and 32 at Idl on Volcano 7+ 4800 rpm.

do u think the thermal compound cause the temp to go that high? using normal thermal compound now

i also have this crapy procesor and its overheating too.
a friend of mine has an tbreb 1800+ and clocks it faster then mine! the 1800+ is about 10C and more cooler!! im selling my 2000+ as soon as i find the oportunity. FU#KING procesor crap!!!

lol qubi cool down :)

so basicly the temp is not because of my bad cooling? (Volcano7+ and normal thermal grease)

i had a volcano 7+ problem and it was the clip i had to switch the clip from the 3 lug one to a single lug clip the one that it came with was holding the cooler off the processor. but i think the new volcanos are sold with a single lug clip now

i liked my volcano 7+ before i got h2o

Oh yeah i have the 3 clips 1 ,quite hard to plug in that thing ...looks like i have to buy a single clip

and oh btw , does the stock cooler clip that come with the cpu works?

Well, so far i didn't see you mention bout your Vcore.. If running on high vcore, it should have high temp..

Tbred A's tend to run a bit hotter thats why the Tbred B's have an extra layer - however using AS3 and having a better HSF combo will definitely help. Also remember our ambient temps are much higher. In my computer room they go past 30C during the day if the air con is off! BTW did you get the TBred A in Malaysia?

Kunaak said:
this CPU ran incredibly hot for me as well, so I just sold it.

on my Epox 8RDA it ran 54C under no load with a volcano 9, and on my Epox 8K3A+ it's ran 66C under no load.
I could not believe how ineffective a volcano 9 was at cooling this particular CPU and I figured someone else will have more luck with it then I did, and I maxed it out at 2.18 ghz.

I have that chip now running in my brothers 8k3a with an SK-7 and a 2500rpm 80x25 @ 55c under load. I figured that meant it was actually running 35c considering the 8k3a tbred bug.

Back