• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temp sensor locations?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drip50291

I'm guessing not to put sensors from a fan controller directly on a hs, but where would the best places to put five in my case, an Antec 300. Current setup: GA-Z68XP-UD4 with a Revodrive 3 in the first PCI-E slot and my card in the second close to the PSU, i5-2500K w/stock cooler (fail), Velociraptor 300GB is the only thing in my 3.5 bays. A pic would be easier but im not home. Thanks guys!

I'd put one directly on the MOSFET heatsink, one directly on the PCH heatsink. Maybe one directly on a HDD. Another in some of the intake airflow. The last one I'd put on one of the ram sticks.

Ok sounds like a plan, they won't melt or anything? I don't have anything overclocked. What would be dangerous temps for the plastic melting?

Well beyond chip death!
Most components are rated to 100c at most, or 150c for MOSFETs. The plastic should be good to 180-240c depending on the plastic, much higher for some.

The heatsinks shouldn't be too hot for you to touch, and your skin fails at a significantly lower temperature than the plastic does :D

Back