• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

the perfect overclocker's case!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

olivialees12

Disabled
I'm looking for a case to house my system (listed in my sig). I don't think I want to get into water cooling, but if there is a case that incorporates this, and is extremely simple to hook up and operate (I know nothing about watercooling), then I would consider it. The main reason I'm upgrading my case is because I want one with fans on the side, blowing directly at the cpu. I keep my case inside my computer desk behind a door. The desk has one of those spots specifically designed to hide your case. The max dimensions for the height and width of the case are 19"H x 9.5"W. Any suggestions???

You restrict air flow by closing the case inside the desk. No fresh air in, no place for hot exhaust to get out. You're constantly recirculating the same air. Temps will suffer.

I'm looking for a case to house my system (listed in my sig). I don't think I want to get into water cooling, but if there is a case that incorporates this, and is extremely simple to hook up and operate (I know nothing about watercooling), then I would consider it. The main reason I'm upgrading my case is because I want one with fans on the side, blowing directly at the cpu. I keep my case inside my computer desk behind a door. The desk has one of those spots specifically designed to hide your case. The max dimensions for the height and width of the case are 19"H x 9.5"W. Any suggestions???

Cut a hole in the back of the desk and put a fan in it, like Scotty said your problem is lack of airflow in the desk cubby. You can get a case with the best air flow possible, it's only circulating the hot air in the desk.

Back