• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The way forward....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dolsen

Registered
Due to my advancing age, and a meagre purse, and severe pressure from Microsoft, I propose to upgrade
my i5-7600K , Z270 mobo based system with i5 12600K, MSI Pro Z690A (DDR5)(, and air cooler with proper
RAM clearance, (please advise on this) and Corsair Vengeance 2x16 (DDR5), keeping GTX1060 video card, and small (500gb) SSD , as
well as other peripherals for later replacements.
Is this a sound way to go?
Best regards

At this point, if possible, I'd wait a couple of months to see what the new stuff offers. Worst case is that the last gen pricing will go down and you can get it cheaper and perhaps a bigger budget (if needed - not sure if you game, but that 1060 is likely a bit long in the tooth if you do).

Seems like a reasonable build. It won't be an overclocking champ but it will run pretty much anything you need it to for many years to come. I would try to get a new GPU as well but that will add considerable cost I know.

Seems like a reasonable build. It won't be an overclocking champ but it will run pretty much anything you need it to for many years to come. I would try to get a new GPU as well but that will add considerable cost I know.
Thanks for the review. Now to battle Microsoft !
Regards

Back