• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermal grease mixing question?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

northenosprey02

Hi, I just buy new thermal grease. It was contain two thermal grease, metal (maybe silver) one and ceramic one.

One question, what are the benefits of mixing metal thermal grease with ceramic thermal grease?

Last edited:
I hardly think you bought thermal grease. That is for sure thermal adhesive. And that's BAD most times. Can you tell me what TIM you bought?

That was cheap thermal grease which metal thermal grease and silicone thermal grease bundled into one package, I use them temporary until I buy better thermal grease when I go tripping.

That was cheap thermal grease which metal thermal grease and silicone thermal grease bundled into one package, I use them temporary until I buy better thermal grease when I go tripping.

what brand is it? it really sounds like a thermal epoxy which if you do use it youl never get the heatsink off the chip without breaking something.

lol yea i seen the translator switched it from Indonesian :p

Unless a test is done I can't see any reason to mix them. They might even not mix well and could seperate after mixing, which would be bad.

You have to do a good test (like at Skinnelabs.com, Vapor did the testing) on each one and then a test of mixing them.

Just use one and see how it works.

Back