• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermalright HR-03 GTX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

redrumy3

http://www.thermalright.com/new_a_page/product_page/vga/hr-03_gtx/product_vga_cooler_hr03gtx.html

Good news for [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]GTX280 & GTX260 Owners

[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Graphics cards Compatibility
For nVidia GTX280 & GTX260
Note: When installing on a GTX280 or GTX260, a fan must be used.
[/FONT]
They did a good job on cooling the board loving this cooler from looking at the pics

• [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]6 quality heatpipes for maximum amount of heat transfer to work with any of 92mm or smaller fans for best configuration to suit your needs [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Proprietary two-heatsinks-soldered-to-form-as-one design to maximize cooling capacity[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Heatpipes soldered every heatsink fin to increase heat transfer efficiency [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Nickel-plated heatsink to reduce oxidation effect, maintaining top performance for long term usage[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Two ways of mounting the cooler on video card for best space and configuration management in ATX and BTX form factor cases [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Includes the PWN-IC heatsink with proprietary thru holes adapted from the High Riser Series for best heat dissipation[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sleek and stylish appearance [/FONT]

Attachments

• 1-1.JPG
    1-1.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 1,882
  • 2-1.JPG
    2-1.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 1,389
  • 3-1.JPG
    3-1.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 1,449
  • 4-1.JPG
    4-1.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 1,762
Last edited:
Niiiiiice!! :thup: I got the HR-03 R600 modded on my X1800XT. Paired up with a 92mm Antec fan keeps the card extremely cool.

Glad TR is listening to the consumer. They sure are ontop of things! :cool:

Woah, is that metal plate at the end part of the stock cooling or something that TR cooked up? It looks so much more convenient than having to put on each individual ram sink.

Woah, is that metal plate at the end part of the stock cooling or something that TR cooked up? It looks so much more convenient than having to put on each individual ram sink.

definitely a beast of a cooler... 8 heatpipes thing could easily cool a decent cpu!!!!!

as per the vrm heatsink plate, im not liking that so much, it looks as if there are MULTIPLE components back there and i guarentee that tolerances are not good enough for one plate to make perfect contant with all of them, thus a semi thick thermal pad is gonna have to be used, but hey it might work out just perfect!

I'm guessing that just doesn't need that much cooling (VRAM) but I've never seen that type of sink before it could do wonders. :shrug:

Only one problem...

my stock cooler idles and loads at exactly the same temps as that cooler according to the chart..

Because TR used it fanless. ;)

Okay a nice cooler now start working and release those coolers which extend from the case at the back, then we are talking business.

Ah, I thought you meant something more like this...

lp20ut20x48t2r2xe0.jpg

...with the heatpipes of the VGA cooler coming out of a PCI slot from the back of the case.

Ah, I thought you meant something more like this...

...with the heatpipes of the VGA cooler coming out of a PCI slot from the back of the case.

Actually that's what you see in the picture, check where the cooling fins are compared to the mobo,
The coolers do not come out from the case because that's a huge case designed for these coolers so the 14cm fans in the back can work their magic on the new coolers.
With an average case the coolers would extend from the back.
I would love to see the new GTX PWM cooler on those as well.

Ah, I must be completely blind to have missed that. It looks gorgeous! Wonder if/when we'll be able to buy something like that.

009tn3.jpg

I would definitely prefer it to the current line of HR03s which pretty much strip you of all your PCIe/PCI slots.

They just finished the new GTX which was probably rushed to market, Trad^2 is also out so hopefully these will be next, there is still some time till Neha launches.

I can't wait.

that would be nice to have coolers like those that are shown in post 17 then we could all use our computers as cheese graters too if it came out the back of the case

Back