• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Thermalright Macho 120 SBM Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

The Thermalright Macho 120 SBM is the latest evolution of their Macho heatsink. It began its life as a passively cooled mass of fins. Then TR put a 140 mm fan in front of it. With the SBM heatsink, the Macho fin stack has shrunk a little bit, to 130 mm, and it uses a 120 mm fan to push air through its fins. Does the Thermalright Macho 120 SBM cool well? Is it all posturing, or can it keep your CPU cool? There is only one way to find out. Let's do it!

Click here to view the article.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thermalright sent me a note. They now have information on the spacer. As I surmised, it is for Skylake implementations. Information is here.

Anybody happen to know how this compares to the thermalright spirit 140 power? I like the cooling of the sp140p but it blocks the side 140mm fan of my case with my new motherboards lower socket and I have to use a 120mm.

EDIT: Sorry never mind. it says thermal design power 200w for the macho and 360w for the sp140p

Last edited:
Back