• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermaltake Tower 112 heatsink

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dragonprince

:eek:

Have you guys seen one of these yet ? Omg it's the biggest heatsink Ive ever seen. I bought one to use on a new AthlonXP 2600 Mobile but im wondering if it will even fit inside my LianLi PC60 case. This thing is 5.5 inches tall and 3.5 inches square, without any fans attached. Follow the link and click on the enlarged view of the sink...honest to god that picture is life size. This thing is a monster. I wondering if my motherboard might be in danger even with the through the board mounting kit.....:-/

http://www.thermaltake.com/coolers/comboCool/cl-p0024tower112/cl-p0024tower112.htm

Yeah I saw your review after I posted. Good write up DocLiv. I am going to do a mod on mine so I can blow an 80 through the right side towards the rear of the case, insead of up and/or down. I dont know why Thermaltake would make such a blunder, but no real OC'r would be stopped by this! Im hoping the exhaust fan at the back will help with cooling by pulling the hot air right from the heatsink exhaust. I will post some pics, just gotta grab some copper wire from work to do the mod.

It's not really a blunder on Thermaltakes part. It's just my mobo. With most mobos the heatsink will end up left to right instead of up an down like mine.

Back