• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermometer installation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Akatosh118

I've just got myself a simple LCD, MOLEX powered thermometer.
Question is, where do I put the actual thermometer 'prong' for the best accuracy.
By having it just dangling within my case, I am reading 33c/92f. Obviously my graphics/mobo are a lot hotter. How can I best measure my temps?
Thanks!!

Well you could hang it off your heat sync or stick it in between the ram. Really just put it wherever you want to monitor temps.

It won't make much of a difference really as the only temps that are really important are the temps you get from the parts themselves.

Use Coretemp for AMD, Realtemp for Intel, use HW Monitor for overall temps.

Rest of the stuff is fluff, not worth it.

33C case temps without knowing your ambient room temps, case setup, PC parts etc is like what temp is right for a exoplanet. 33C is nothing to worry about though inside of a case.. And your temp sensor, is it good? It could be 2+C off easy if it was cheap. Meaning 31C or 35C.

Back