• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Things that make you go Hmm....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That's a bummer Witchy, with lick you might find a good 4790, maybe....
Ya your guy's a d**k, for my 35 it's 40-50$ and that's CDN. It just depends on the price that day. But I take it to them.

yea, a 6GHz 2c4t 3D chip will not be easy to replace.

Was going to get another 4770K as most 4790K's are junk from what I can see,

But decided to go with the 4790K anyways so I could can compete in some 2D's

Grabbed a 4670k as well to throw in my z87m , Will let me do some 2d and if good will be good for AM. 01, 03 & 05 and Catzilla

Hoping one of the two is decent

if not will have to grab another 4770K i guess

Probably out of the game until March :(

I need to come up with a dewer and make an ln2 attempt with the 4770k and 4790k that I have now. the 70 isnt a very good chip at it will only do 51 4c/8t at -30c and will only make 54x at 2c
havent even tried with the 90 chip as its a voltage hog and prolly wouldnt get far anyway

my only experience with ln2 was when we did the bench party here. we did order 4- 180liter dewers for that and had a blast. just hard to justify the price of buying a dewer, but would most likely bring some boints my way that I have been losing rapidly over the last couple years

and sad to hear of your chip, very sad to lose the good ones.
the best 4770k that I had, I killed delidding it
should try some dice on what I have now and see if there is any gain over the ss

probably some gains on DICE and you can control loads better

Yea, Dewars are expensive, good to have if you are into it, but if only going to use a few times better off renting

That's what I did, I rented for while.

For me ln2 is half the fun, using the SS to me is boring as you just sit and watch

In my case dice was 100-200MHz gain comparing to ss ( depends from test ).

Back