• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

This is scary...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Its not extremely scary. The articles you are reading are over hyping everything. In order to gain this level of root trust inside the CPU's OS, you would need to install a rootkit or something similar at production level. And sorry to burst everyone's bubble, but you have to understand that state powers already have doors into your system. This new one would be just for that, not private hacks. You need a lot of time physically with a system to get into this ME system.

Oh and FYI, AMD has one as well. Whether it has an exploit or not is only time.

Go about your business, the Chines/American/Russian/British/German governments don't really care that you looked up that new naughty video on reddit.

This is old news. I think that AMD has something similar. As long as you are behind router, don't worry. Anyway I don't think that Intel makes this to breach into server, rather to make easy to manage server farm ;)

I have no idea what this is about but I'll take a stab at it. Could this have something to do with the way updates or rather OS recovery works in conjunction with Windows/OSX or am I being naive?

Back