• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

This morning CPU at 92 degrees

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

14MTH30n3

Came to my computer this morning and it's rebooted due to CPU overheating... Turned off the computer for an hour, booted up. After about 5 minutes my CPU is above 90C, all 4 cores. CPU is barely utilized. Typical temp is around 60. Any ideas?

i7-7700k (delidded), OC to 5Gh @ 1.4v
ASUS Rog Maximus IX Hero
Corsair H100i v2 Extreme Cooling
EVGA GTX GeForce 1080FTW
G.Skill Ripjaws 4 series 288pin DDR4 SDRAM 2400 (PC4 19200) 4x8 32Gb
Samsung 960 EVO Series 1Tb
EVGA Supernova 850 G2

sounds like a dead h110I to me, can you hear or feel the pump?
move its power to another fan header.

Hmm... so it has 1 of the fans working, another is not. I touch the water tubes and they are a bit vibrating, but I cannot tell if this means anything. Also, in corsair monitor it shows fan at 0 and H2O fan at 0, athough temps are at 90. This thing is just few month old, what the heck.

Hmm... so it has 1 of the fans working, another is not. I touch the water tubes and they are a bit vibrating, but I cannot tell if this means anything. Also, in corsair monitor it shows fan at 0 and H2O fan at 0, athough temps are at 90. This thing is just few month old, what the heck.

Pump fan at "0" RPM means the impeller is frozen.

For science.... how is the cooler mounted in the case?

I have had a theory with these AIOs that if you are mounting the rad below the pump (CPU socket) any air in the system will stay in the pump, causing premature wear.

Back