• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Those evercool aluminum fans...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ri0 said:
Make sure to check out this site.

www.so-trickcomputers.com

hard to beat prices and shipping is cheap also.
DO NOT ORDER FROM SO-TRICK!!! Check RR as to why.

As for the fans, they are loud, but not annoying. They have a fairly low pitch, so it's not ear-splitting. I'm personally trying to have a silent PC, so I plan on running them at 5v where they are practically silent. At 7v, they're still fairly quite, but 2 of them on a heatercore causes too much turbulence.

I have an evercool fan here - i'll give it to a friend. The reason it's noisier than my Papst 4412 at full speed. It's not *bad* though, i've seen quite worse, especially for the price. All in all quite a good fan, but not the best. Worth its price. Nice & shiny looks, too.

First of all, thanks to everybody for participating in this thread...

Anyone ever heard of Mechatronics fans? They have pretty good specs...25 dBA 55 cfm for only 8.25 at cooler guys..

http://www.coolerguys.com/yhst-24067115789173/840556034032.html

Also, jlin453, so that guy who sold the 4 sanyo denkis on ebay would be willing to do it again for the same price as the auction you posted earlier?!?!?

mribnik said:
Also, jlin453, so that guy who sold the 4 sanyo denkis on ebay would be willing to do it again for the same price as the auction you posted earlier?!?!?

I believe shipping was around $6.90 (like the auction's) and each fan was $3.75 or so. A real steal, in my opinion.

As for sound, I would rather listen to these fans than my old everclears. With the everclears, you COULD have it running at 5 or 7V but it doesn't move as much air as these Sanyo Denki's at 7V.

well, for $3.75 each for 120mm fans you can't beat it. Also, can these things be pretty silent when put on a fan controller? Sounds awesome. Thanks for the quick reply!

Alright guys, I have decided to go with this..

http://www.svc.com/panaflo120x38.html

Always wanted to try the panaflos, and although extra than the sanyo's, I don't mind. Now, I'm kinda confused about the panaflows because they don't come with the tails right? on this site it says, "SVC Supplied 3-pin lead for easy plug and play installation (3rd wire not included)"

I already have some 3-pin extension wires so that's all I need right? Or do I need to buy some wires?

I emailed the guy with that auction haven't heard back from him yet, so hopefully it will be a GO..here soon...can you guys check out my thread "fan configurating for external w/c case" I'm kinda stuck on how I should set them, sucking, blowing, etc..it has pics of the case and whatnot.. Thanks, Josh

ps Jil do you have the guys direct email addy?

It doesn't matter how quite a fan is when you use it on a heater core. Any high CFM fan on a heater core at 12V is going to create a lot of turbulance because the heatercore is so restrictive. That is why you need a push/pull setup with the fans at 7V. Also beware of the Panaflos made in China, the quality is not up to par. I bought 4 120 M panaflos and 2 made so much motor noise, I had to return them. The have been other reports of inferior panaflos from China.

I just bought 2 120mm panaflo medium's from SVC, and it was either $30 for 2 lows, or $20 for 2 mediums, so it was a deal to me. They come with a 3-pin lead attached, so it's plug'n'play, but there is no RPM wire, if that matters. They are fairly loud (35db) at 12v, quiet at 7v, and basically silent at 5v. They are rated at 7-12v, and don't push hardly any air at 5v. From panasonic's site they push about 50cfm's at 7v, which is good enough for me. Also from the panasonic site, at 10v they look to put out about the same noise/cfm's as a regular lows. So a fan controller would be a big asset here.

The 120mm Evercool alum vs Panaflo has been going on for a while, and they do have very similiar specs, and the only big difference I can find is pressure. The Panaflo is 38mm deep, while the Evercool is 25mm deep. You can look up the specs online fairly easily. So if pressure is important, I'd go with panaflo. (I did, even though I had to mod my case to fit them!)

jlin453 said:
While we're on the subject of recommending fans other than the Evercools, I have and love these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3462874257&category=3673
Sanyo Denki's, rated at 108cfm @ 36dba. I've owned two of the Everclear fans before and after using these I'm never going back. :)

If you ever take a really close look at the pics of my heatercores, you'll notice those are the fans on 99% of them. :) By no means silent at 12v (and even less so at 15v or 18v) but they move a ton of air and the noise can be cut with a decent fan controller.

weapon said:
If you ever take a really close look at the pics of my heatercores, you'll notice those are the fans on 99% of them. :) By no means silent at 12v (and even less so at 15v or 18v) but they move a ton of air and the noise can be cut with a decent fan controller.

Yup, seriously after this fan I'm never switching back to anything else. If I don't have room for a 38mm thick 120mm fan, I'll make it. :D

I just recently just got a 120mm evercool and like it a lot. I have it mounted on the exterior top of my case and it looks real nice. Like others have said, hook it up to a rhoebus and adjust how much noise/air you need. A little off topic however, i was trying to figure out if there was a way to reverse the direction the fan spins.. i want to try and reverse the air movement. I searched for threads relating this and couldnt find anything. Is it safe to just reverse the wires powering the fan? Or can that mess something up? I cant reverse the way its mounted since it will not look right upside down. Thanks

acesea said:
I just recently just got a 120mm evercool and like it a lot. I have it mounted on the exterior top of my case and it looks real nice. Like others have said, hook it up to a rhoebus and adjust how much noise/air you need. A little off topic however, i was trying to figure out if there was a way to reverse the direction the fan spins.. i want to try and reverse the air movement. I searched for threads relating this and couldnt find anything. Is it safe to just reverse the wires powering the fan? Or can that mess something up? I cant reverse the way its mounted since it will not look right upside down. Thanks

PLEASE do not switch around the wires. All you do is flip the fan around.

Jlin can you get me the email addy to those folks with the Sanyo's I tried messaging them from Ebay and haven't heard back.. Thanks bro

the alum fans are much quieter than the panoflos..whats with the panoflo fanboyness they have discernable motor noise the evercool doesnt

Back