• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thoughts on ASPIRE...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Exfoliate

Okay I'm guessing these are relitivly cheesy psu's, that focus more on price and cool looks over quality but I want to hear what you dudes think.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817148009, is that a crappy psu or is it worth it? I'm looking for a pretty cheap psu, like around $60 or less but 420+ wts and good specs like the whole 12v 5 rail etc. thing. I've been told that a generic psu will dye a horrible fate if when I try big ocs, I don't doubt that so could you recommend some cheap but reliable psu's to me please? Thanks

I think you said it all in your first line, looks over performance. Generic PSU's have been known to cause problems on high-end systems. Right now the board loves the AX500 from Fortron, you can find it at e-wiz for $72. The next step down would be the 450w Fortron at newegg, but most would say the extra bucks are worth it for the AX500.

You should be all right if you stick with the top brands and have enough power on the 12V rail.

Back