• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ti4600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AcEmAsTr

can someone find me a good deal on a Ti4600?
preferably leadtech as they have those gorgeous large heatsinks on :D

i founs $184 for a House Brand
Info...

NVIDIA GEFORCE4 TI4600 128MB DDR AGP 2X/4X DVI/VGA OEMversion.

dunno what OEM is but...
im willing to pay $200 for one, like i said, leadtech or a really cheap one so i can buy a thermaltake GIANT 2 aswell :)

Not to threadcrap, but any reason you want a geforce4 over a 9700 nonpro?

Lithan said:
Not to threadcrap, but any reason you want a geforce4 over a 9700 nonpro?

Probably about $100-$150, but he could go for a 9500pro around that. I would say check newegg for prices, and the refurb section generally has great stuff, if you can get it in time.

im an Nvidia fan, ive always liked them and i cant find a good priced radeon :p

newegg isnt always the cheapest, i can find a 9700 pro for $267
but i dont know if its worth it, is there really THAT big a difference?>

and for what ive seen, the 9500 doesnt completely blow the ti4600 away, the 4600 actually beats it in some tests, unless u prove me otherwise :p

The 9700 will blow the ti4600 away though.

http://www.gameve.com/store/gameve_viewitem.asp?idproduct=768&showit=1

$32 more for a GREAT brand (These guys make the retail models for ati and this particular card often has 2.8ns ram making it physically almost identical to a 9700 pro) The store also has a good reseller rating. For your 32$ more, you get directx 9.0 support, 8x agp, and overall a much much better card. This card will last alot longer than a ti4600 would.

Oh and OEM means it comes in a white box with a driver disk. No bundled software, usually a shorter warranty too.

AcEmAsTr said:
im an Nvidia fan, ive always liked them and i cant find a good priced radeon :p

newegg isnt always the cheapest, i can find a 9700 pro for $267
but i dont know if its worth it, is there really THAT big a difference?>

I too have been a Nvidia fan for A VERY long time , but I decided to try a 9700 Pro over my Ti4600 .

Ive had my 9700 Pro for about 3-4 months now and would NOT go back to my Ti4600 for anything !!!

If your a true GAMER there is a BIG differance ; colors are better and at HIGHER resolutions with AA/AF turned on games look simpy amazing with little if ANY loss in framerates compared to my old Ti4600 (BF1942 looks and runs KILLER with EVERTHING set to the HIGHEST settings ).
Drivers too now-a-days from ATI are VERY stable and excellant .

I HIGHLY recommend you atleast "think" about a 9700/9500/ Pro :eh?: .
For the extra cost of these cards you'll do yourself a favor buy saving money in the long run buy not having to upgrade for ALOT longer than if you purchased a Ti4600 .

I only tell you this as to "help" you out ; and NOT to bash Nvidia or your prefered choice in v/cards .

I have to say , ATI has come ALONG way for me to recommend them over Nvidia (never thought it would happen to me) .

I hope this helps ;)

All the best with your decision , no matter which way you decide to go .

stereo555

Last edited:
Just go for the Radeon 9500...decent performance, definitely in your price range and not many people have had anything bad to say about it....

How come it seems to me that everytime someone wants a vid card the responses have to always be about the other brand.
im sure the guy has a completely legit reason for wanting a nvidia card, and all you can do is tell him that ATI is better.

Im sure he did some research or probably had a few ATI nightmare experiences. So if you cant help him find a card deal then it would be nice to not hear your crap responses.

trdsw20 said:
How come it seems to me that everytime someone wants a vid card the responses have to always be about the other brand.
im sure the guy has a completely legit reason for wanting a nvidia card, and all you can do is tell him that ATI is better.

Im sure he did some research or probably had a few ATI nightmare experiences. So if you cant help him find a card deal then it would be nice to not hear your crap responses.

Everyone is just trying to HELP him out by giving him a full look into his puchase decision , and possble better ways to save money NOW and in the future by NOT upgrading AGAIN in a few months .
Most people with a "spending limit" on ANY piece of hardware are ALSO looking for the BEST BANG for their buck .
We are just suggesting (or informing) the buyer of a possible better way to spend the limited funds he/she has on that perticular piece of hardware .
The operative word here is "SUGGESTING" .

As far as YOUR comment : "crap responses" ; I suggest that you re-think what we are trying to do here at these forums (help people) and keep comments like that to yourself .:mad:

Sorry , but NUF said ....

*EDIT*
(sorry man , its just been a bad day )

stereo555

Last edited:
Here too is a VERY good review ( and reason ) for the ATI recommendations ......

REVIEW

this will give you a much better IDEA (understanding) of what the differances are in performance between Nvidia/ATI .
Hope this helps .

Best of luck with your decision . ;)

*EDIT*

More info here with the "eye candy" turned on (AA/AF)
GRAPHS

stereo555

Last edited:
wow, great response, thank you all, ive heard that most ATI cards can be modded into something better :D can this one do the same without physically soldering bits and peices on ?
if so, a guide would be handy, 9700 it is or pro, depending on how much money my dad will give me :p

cheap 9700 price would be greatful :)

from what ive seen on THG, the 9700 pro isnt really worth it compared tot he 9700np, whats the difference? clock speed?

AcEmAsTr said:
wow, great response, thank you all, ive heard that most ATI cards can be modded into something better :D can this one do the same without physically soldering bits and peices on ?
if so, a guide would be handy, 9700 it is or pro, depending on how much money my dad will give me :p

cheap 9700 price would be greatful :)

First , try and buy a original ATI card or "powered by ATI" made by Sapphire ; the PCB is made with the exact same specs as ATI .

Do NOT get a "powered by ATI" made by PowerColor (made with cheaper parts and quality).

First good price I found is at Googlegear (9700 Pro/Sapphire) ; $271 but out of stock ) You may want to call them up though . HERE

I'll keeping looking for a deal of the 9700/9500 Pro/ non Pro and report back later .
(gotta finish my taxes STILL :rolleyes: )

*EDIT*

9700 / NP made by Sapphire $216 HERE
(resellerrating about 7.6 / debatable )

See ya later ,

stereo555

Last edited:
Currently I'd say 210-220$ on a new nonpro is hard to beat. The 9500 nonpros (160$ or thereabouts) have a Chance (argued as anywhere from 10-70% chance, about 30% seems most reasonable estimate) of being modded to a 9700 IF they have a red pcb with the ram in groups of 2 (4 groups of two). I would not recommend that route, as a nonpro that can't be modded is an unimpressive card in my opinion. Pay the extra 50$ and have a guarenteed 9700.

As for the accusation that we are threadcrapping because he has a reason for wanting an nvidia card, I actually asked if he had a specific reason, and he doesn't seem to... so I'm recommending what I think the best card for him would be. If he decides that he still wants a 4600, I'll keep my eyes open for deals on it... but I don't want to help someone make a purchase they might regret without making sure they know of their other options first.

It's not a bad card, but a 9700 is well worth the extra 30$. ti4600's are incredibly overpriced at the moment.

Back