• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tiger Direct FX60 Barebones $399.99

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blitzkrieg1110

Tiger Direct is selling a bare-bones kit with an FX60, Ultra mid-tower case, Ultra 500 watt PSU (do not use this obviously), Asus 939 mobo, and an Ultra copper CPU cooler for 399.99. Pretty much all the other parts are crap, but you can't even get an fx60 by itself for that much.

For anyone who's interested: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...tId=1916&CMP=EMC-TIGEREMAIL&SRCCODE=WEM1281NV

Oh and the best part.......no MIR's whatsoever.

How tempting but, yes, it is TD. It does show 3 years warranty on all the major parts and doesn't appear to be a misprint. Thoughts?

mpg01 said:
How tempting but, yes, it is TD. It does show 3 years warranty on all the major parts and doesn't appear to be a misprint. Thoughts?
Yes, it's Tiger Direct, however, like I said, there are no mail in rebates which is the only thing that usually stops me from buying at Tiger Direct.....

I don't know, I think for the price its a steal. You can sell off all the other crap and make a lot of your money back.....possibly getting an FX60 for like 250 bucks if you get lucky in selling the other stuff....

EDIT: also, it isn't a misprint, I get their specials emailed to me and this was a separate email all in itself. they are making a real big deal about this one "Before they run out"

Last edited:
This is very temping! I can order this for building my sister's computer and give her my 3200+ :D (she only surfs the web) and keep the fx-60 for myself :eek:

Btw does this mean the fx-60 will finnaly go lower in other E-tailers?

oh also I have no problems ordering from TD, I have never encounter such problem from them before but unforunary I hear too much problems from other people and these forums. Mostly their RMA process is ____ from what I have heard :(. Am I lucky?

Well I would act pretty fast.....I imagine this will sell out pretty soon unless a lot of people don't know about it. But like I said, I got it in a special E-mail from them so a lotta people do.

You could give her the 3200+ with the Asus mobo that comes with the combo (as I can't imagine that particular model is near as good as your DFI Lanparty) and keep the Dual-core FX60 (Unlocked Multiplier :eek: :drool: ) :)

IKIKUINTHENUTZ said:
This is very temping! I can order this for building my sister's computer and give her my 3200+ :D (she only surfs the web) and keep the fx-60 for myself :eek:

Btw does this mean the fx-60 will finnaly go lower in other E-tailers?

oh also I have no problems ordering from TD, I have never encounter such problem from them before but unforunary I hear too much problems from other people and these forums. Mostly their RMA process is ____ from what I have heard :(. Am I lucky?
I just RMA's a stick of cheap Ultra memory (DDR400) and had no problems. I just called in the dead stick and the CSR gave me the option to send out a new one immediately (and charge my CC again) and credit me when the bad one returns or just return the bad one and replace it when it gets back to them.

I chose the quick option (send a new one immediately) and got an email from them later confirming their reception of the bad stick.

blitzkrieg1110 said:
Well I would act pretty fast.....I imagine this will sell out pretty soon unless a lot of people don't know about it. But like I said, I got it in a special E-mail from them so a lotta people do.

You could give her the 3200+ with the Asus mobo that comes with the combo (as I can't imagine that particular model is near as good as your DFI Lanparty) and keep the Dual-core FX60 (Unlocked Multiplier :eek: :drool: ) :)

yea too bad I cant get it... she doesnt want a desktop... she wants a laptop! :bang head :bang head :bang head

arggg....i'v been wanting to upgrade to a 939 processor for a while now....and 400 bucks...not that bad.

sadly, i can't! Got to save to get my teeth fixed before i even THINK about spending more money on my computer!

I've been keeping my eye on FX-60's for a possible future 2nd computer. Already have a DFI motherboard with 2GB RAM just sitting around. At 399.99 your basically just buying the processor and getting everything else free. Good deal IMO.

i don't get why ppl go nuts over an fx60 when PLENTY of opteron dual cores OC to fx60 speed on default voltage.

unless, you don't plan to OC at all... the PSU is nothing special... i guess by getting a case and mobo, it does sweeten the deal a bit.

Dang, is that a typo? The FX-60 alone is worth the price. If I had the cash I'd buy it and sell everything else.

Only thing that makes it worth-while is there is no rebates. I bought something from tigerdirect a couple weeks ago and it was shipped quick with no problems.

g0dM@n said:
i don't get why ppl go nuts over an fx60 when PLENTY of opteron dual cores OC to fx60 speed on default voltage.

unless, you don't plan to OC at all... the PSU is nothing special... i guess by getting a case and mobo, it does sweeten the deal a bit.

"C'mon, it's an FX! That's so cool! And it is like...like..more power and stuff like FX like awesome so cool man, opteron suk fx = ownage lolz!!!!!11!"

Nevermind that, you could buy it, sell off the mobo and parts, then sell the FX to some idiot that buys his computers from bestbuy, lol.

I'd tried explaining to people that the Opteron's will clock to higher speeds on lower voltages etc., they just wouldn't listen...gah.

looks like the fx60 itself sells for $350-400 easy on ebay.

but i wouldn't waste my time buying it, setting up auction, answering ebay ques, mailing it, having deductions with ebay/paypal, and then ending up with a crappy PSU and a motherboard really nothing to scream about... and a case.

it's not worth the headache to buy and resell... after all the hard work you would make $100 MAX... and it's just not worth the time and effort imho.

if you want to buy it for a non-overclocked pc, then it's not a bad deal.

but can't you get a core2 barebones that beats this for around the same price... which uses ddr2 anyway? why get stuck with ddr again... i dunno... i don't think it's that special.

fx-60 is nothing to brag about if you ask me... it's old stock... expect these prices more and more... it's just a NAME that's selling... just like buying MONSTER cables as opposed to MONOPRICE (i love them!)... pay less than half for same quality.

Hughhefner said:
I bought one last night, second day UPS shipping. I'll let you know how this turns out!!!

Great deal!!!!!
Let us know how it turns out for sure. I want to see how high you can get it clocked!

im with godman. im done buying AMD until they make a decent response to the superiority and popularity of Core2Duo.

AM2...boy was that a joke.

Don't overlook the fact that, by itself, it's a pretty decent system for the money. Especially if you've got the memory already. I'd love to grab it but I'm singing the after-xmas-ain't-got-the-extra-dough blues.

Back