• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tiger Direct PC3200 256MB for $34.99 AR, Looks like Mushkin

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mattspalace

I been Dolk'ed Senior
Tiger Direct PC3500 256MB for $34.99 AR, Looks like Mushkin

Pretty smokin' deal here if you ask me (no idea how good Tiger Direct is with their rebates). Those look like Mushkin heatspreaders, but I dunno for sure.

-If anyone else has thoughts please post.

Deal

whoa, this is PC3500!! nevermine the thread title. MOD please update!! tks.

-'nother edit-

Just as a warning the rebate states only one per household, so if you're buying a pair of these, be sure to use a different name/addy so you can get two rebate checks.

More info.. according to this review, looks like this PC3500 contains winbond bh-5 chips.

review

Last edited:
Steve978 said:
wow thats an awsum price i dont really mind if they sux :eek:

I would. TigerDirect is absolutely horrible. In all likelihood you will either receive a dead product or the wrong product, and on top of that, your rebate will not come if it's a TigerDirect rebate.

Mushkin PC-3500 comes on Black PCBs and with the mushkin logo engraved on the heatspreader, definately not their stuff.

Nice deal if it were'nt for the MIR, I usually don't get them back...........so this one is not for me!

Supposedly this stuff has 5ns winbond. At least according to the only review I could find of it.

Yeah, you're right this is definately not Mushkin memory. I did some looking around, and Ultra is a reseller of some sort.
The fact that it has Winbond BH-5 chips is a plus, but I don't like MIRs at all (too many bad experiences).
If 34.99 was the price out the door I might have bought it just to try it out, but someone else might be tempted.

Here's a link to Ultra's website..

link

Last edited:
Yeah, you'll never see a rebate from TigerDirect. Don't bother, since for the same before rebate price you could get Buffalo or Twinmos.

wheres a good place to find twinmos. memoryx.net is one of the few places i know. is there anywhere you can find it cheap? as cheap as buffalo?

is there other places besides newegg that sells buffalo cheaper?

Not sure...it's possible, but probably not by much, if anything after shipping.

I agree, Tiger Direct is awful. They screwed my dad over a few years back and I've not seen enough positive info to feel they've changed any. That, and their prices aren't exactly stellar usually.
Last I looked at their magazine, they were lying about stuff quite a bit. I won't trust 'em.

ryuen said:
wheres a good place to find twinmos. memoryx.net is one of the few places i know. is there anywhere you can find it cheap? as cheap as buffalo?

is there other places besides newegg that sells buffalo cheaper?

There are a few guys that sell TwinMOS (and I think Buffalo now also) on amdforums.com - last time I checked it really wasn't that much cheaper than just buying from MemoryX or Newegg.

This is a TigerDirect inhouse rebate, You will pay the full $65 for it.
Save your self the trouble
and just get the best RAM there is
twinmos/ch-5 winbond pc3200
http://www.memoryx.net/gn256pc3200.html

Anandtech refuses to run TigerDirect ads because they scammed so many members there, for your information.

Back