• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tigerdirect's prices goes insane !!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
anyone else (other than mattspalace) realize its .ca thus Canada?

its not that odd to see a canadian e-tailer/retailer screw Canucks over on pricing on computer parts. we get the price hiked before the exchange rate, and now that the CDN$ is lower than it was months ago, we get screwed on the exchange. then taxed. why do you think there are so many canadians on US forums buying used stuff

Dude, it's not that much better on the US side. Check out the US site, it's still $519 for a Q9650. I didn't bother looking further.

I remember I ordered a PSU from Tiger Direct. It was shipped late, like REALLY late. Didn't get to me until AFTER the return policy and it was DOA and they refused to let me return it. I had to go to the manufacturer.

Manufacturer told me it was a refurbished unit and wasn't allowed a warranty replacement, and that I would have to get the unit repaired. 6-8 week turnaround time.

I explained the situation, sent them a copy of my order form. They waived the warranty and sent me a brand new PSU rapid replacement. Told me it wasn't "the first time they've done that".

I was very weary of them but that was years ago and lately a lot of my friends have had great experiences with them. I still won't buy from them because of the personal experience I had that was NEVER compensated, but I won't tell people not to shop there unless those stories start coming back.

Back