• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Time sensitive: please help.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dusnoetos

I know this post is a slight taboo since it is a cut and paste from another thread.....but I dont want to loose this opportunity....

I found this CPU,MOBO, memory bundle in my local Craigslist.
Would I be stupid to pass it up?
Or is it over priced. (I am just enough out of touch with tech that I've become ignorant of fair pricing)

Ryzen 5 1600
*24GB ram (2 8gb sticks and 2 4gb sticks)
*GA-AB350-GAMING 3
For $210
EDIT: only 8GB ram. Adjusted price $140

This is from this thread asking about the obscurity of my current system. As of this wtitting bundle is still available (why I know about the reduced ram)
I have the money but if someone knows of a better option I am listening. I have roughly 24 hours to let the seller know before it goes back up for grabs.
>Of course if I buy this I will need to start saving for a better GPU...UGG
Thanks in advance for the great responses I know this community provides.

The CPU is about 5 years old, but is a decent increase over your existing system. It also would allow you to upgrade the processor to a Ryzen 3*** series CPU as well if you wanted. It wouldn't get you all the latest bells and whistles but would be an improvement over the 1100t.

Based on what you have now, I would do it.
BTW, you can recover some of that cost. Your 1100T fetches about a hundred bucks on the open market. ;)

Well I've told the guy that I'll buy. I pray the transaction goes smoothly. Buying from an unknown is always a bit stressful.
Your 1100T fetches about a hundred bucks on the open market
Not sure MY 1100T would be worth much.... It has multiple broken pins. I only got it to work by stealing pins from a old (socket 7)CPU. Dropped the pin into corresponding holes and then placed the 1100T. I remember a little trial and error with getting the pins the correct length (socket holes deeper than pins on AM3 CPUs).
Wow the memories 😃

For half the price of a 5600x you get half the performance(ish) and this has motherboard/RAM to get you going.

IMO this is only a waste if you are going to upgrade to a current gen cpu soon.

Well I've told the guy that I'll buy. I pray the transaction goes smoothly. Buying from an unknown is always a bit stressful.

Not sure MY 1100T would be worth much.... It has multiple broken pins. I only got it to work by stealing pins from a old (socket 7)CPU. Dropped the pin into corresponding holes and then placed the 1100T. I remember a little trial and error with getting the pins the correct length (socket holes deeper than pins on AM3 CPUs).
Wow the memories 😃
That's too funny. I had an old 1055t that I had to do the same thing for. I loved that chip. GL with the transaction.

It will not officially qualify to run Windows 11 if that is a concern. There are Windows 11 hacked installations that will allow you to upgrade that system to 11, however.

Well i got the system with no issues. And even found an RX 570 for $30!! (unknown if it works...for sure the fans are dead but that is of zero concern)
I hope to finish installing everything this evening. I got slowed down by the fact that AM3 and AM4 mounting holes are different (why AMD why!) So my cheep a$$ had to modify the mount for my Swiftech Polaris 120 heatsink. I figure if it could a 125 watt CPU nice and cool a 65 watt CPU will be down right frosty.

Well I will add a few more updates and pictures before retireing this thread.
Post magically merged:

That's too funny. I had an old 1055t that I had to do the same thing for. I loved that chip. GL with the transaction.
I wonder how many good CPUs got trashed when some careful ingenuity was all it needed?
It will not officially qualify to run Windows 11 if that is a concern. There are Windows 11 hacked installations that will allow you to upgrade that system to 11, however.
I will just have to find out?. I have read that some people have gotten the Ryzen 5 1600 to upgrade. But I suppose I would need a TMP Chip to find out.

Then again I have yet to hear much good over Win10 so I am in no rush.

Last edited:
Well, sadly the RX 570 appears totally dead 😭. Before I aquired it, the card was in a high humidity environment. The aluminum fins on the heatsink had that weird white oxidation on it. And all the steel parts (bracket, screws, etc) had rust. Including the monitor connectors. The guy I bought it from said he used some contact cleaner on it - but was not specific on exactly where?
Then again maybe the card suffered static shock and the high humidity did nothing.
I am tempted to try the old oven trick. What have I to loose 🤷‍♂️
{Then again the one and only time I ever tried the oven trick (many years ago) a few components fell off in the oven. - I have zero memory of the temp or time in oven...🥺}
Well I guess my trusty HD 7750 will have to suffice for now.

Last edited:
Well, sadly the RX 570 appears totally dead 😭. Before I aquired it, the card was in a high humidity environment. The aluminum fins on the heatsink had that weird white oxidation on it. And all the steel parts (bracket, screws, etc) had rust. Including the monitor connectors. The guy I bought it from said he used some contact cleaner on it - but was not specific on exactly where?
Then again maybe the card suffered static shock and the high humidity did nothing.
I am tempted to try the old oven trick. What have I to loose 🤷‍♂️
{Then again the one and only time I ever tried the oven trick (many years ago) a few components fell off in the oven. - I have zero memory of the temp or time in oven...🥺}
Well I guess my trusty HD 7750 will have to suffice for now.
Here's the old thread I've always referenced

Back