• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Timer setting in V7?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WhitehawkEQ

Premium Member
Is there a way to set a timer for V7 to start after power on or reset? I ask because I don't want the GPU's getting hot before the fan control software loads up like 1,2,3...5 mins.

You already found this lacking ? Pause on startup and set a time after that to run ? The second part I am not sure of as it may only use a set time.

I ask because I don't want the GPU's getting hot before the fan control software loads up like 1,2,3...5 mins.
Sorry i cant answer, but looks like youre covered. :)

Anyway, how is this possible (lack of CPU horsepower due to F@H taking cycles)? What software takes from 1-5 minutes to load and be active? Wouldn't the default curve work fine for 1-5 minutes until that slug for software loads?

Last edited:
I know about the pause on startup, and most of my PC's I don't have to do that but for 1 and those cards sure bake before PrecisionX loads and is running.

So, @WhitehawkEQ - why is this happening (Precision taking so long to load)? What's the difference between the two rigs (multi-card versus single rigs?)? Also curious, what is the temperature you consider 'baking' (versus what temps do they run at with your curve? If I put Precision X to load at startup, it's up within 10s or so of getting into windows.

Just trying to make things easier with a bit of root cause as opposed to treating symptoms only. :)

So, @WhitehawkEQ - why is this happening (Precision taking so long to load)? What's the difference between the two rigs (multi-card versus single rigs?)? Also curious, what is the temperature you consider 'baking' (versus what temps do they run at with your curve? If I put Precision X to load at startup, it's up within 10s or so of getting into windows.

Just trying to make things easier with a bit of root cause as opposed to treating symptoms only. :)
It's the PC I have issues with the MB seeing only 3 ram modules and not 4, it takes almost 10mis for PrecisionX to start ramping up the fan speed, I need to install new MB.

That's just odd. I don't know why that would make Precisions load and 'active' time so long though... and only precision?

Have you tried reinstalling Precision X?

Does it have an SSD drive ?...What kind of RAM do you need ? I have a lot of older RAM laying around I could send you.

Like my RAM modules might be big enough that you would only need 2. Let me know if its DDr3 or 4 and how much size wise you would need. I may have pairs of 4's or 8's.

It's the PC I have issues with the MB seeing only 3 ram modules and not 4, it takes almost 10mis for PrecisionX to start ramping up the fan speed, I need to install new MB.
I've got like 2 z77-based intel boards laying around. to my knowledge both work fine if you want hehe.

That's just odd. I don't know why that would make Precisions load and 'active' time so long though... and only precision?

Have you tried reinstalling Precision X?
I have PrecisionX and it's not just PX, it's Windows as well. This PC has been slow from day 1. This MB is defective and needs to be replace, I've posted about this before.

ram not showing
Post magically merged:

Does it have an SSD drive ?...What kind of RAM do you need ? I have a lot of older RAM laying around I could send you.

Like my RAM modules might be big enough that you would only need 2. Let me know if its DDr3 or 4 and how much size wise you would need. I may have pairs of 4's or 8's.
It's not the ram, it's the ram socket and/or bad MB. just one hdd spinner :)

I have PrecisionX and it's not just PX, it's Windows as well. This PC has been slow from day 1. This MB is defective and needs to be replace, I've posted about this before.

ram not showing
Well, since you have one of the same on hand, sounds like you just need to make the time to swap it out, no? But I suppose that's difficult and what spawned your other thread about the 'cherry picker' for PC builds, eh?

EDIT: **** man... tough spot. Call a friend or somthing. It shouldn't take but an hour to swap a mobo if yuo have someone rotating the chassis as needed and helping out. :)

Back