• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tips on optimising your system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Terminat.

Here's my pc's spec:

Athlon XP 3200+ At 2.26Ghz/1.675V
1GB PC3200 DDR (Crucial/Nanya Combo) In 1:1 FSB/DDR Ratio/2.7VMSI K7N2 Delta Series nForce2 Motherboard
200GB Maxtor Diamondmax 10 7200rpm SATA Disk Drive
MSI RX9800 Pro At 417/370Mhz
Nexus NX-3500 (350W) Special Edition Ultra-Quiet PSU

My 3dMark01SE score is 18400, but I can't seem to get any higher than that. But I desperately WANT to break the 20,000 3dMark barrier.

How though?? My locked CPU won't go above 205Mhz even with 1.8V, but I've heard of people with GeForce Ti's getting over 20,000 with enough optimisations.

Is this possible? I've gotten rid of my pagefile and the disk drive is defragmented daily by Diskeeper, but are there other ways to optimise my system in order to reach 20,000?

Can my current pc even reach 20,000? If it can, I would really, really appreciate help in getting there :)

Is you ram 2x512mb? Try to tighten the timings, though ram works better on a matched pair.

Is you ram 2x512mb? Try to tighten the timings, though ram works better on a matched pair.

No - I've got 2x 256MB Nanya sticks and one 512MB Crucial sticks, all PC3200. I think they're rated CL3, but at the moment I've got them running CL2.5 stable, but even with a raised voltage of 2.7V, I'm not sure if they'll go all the way to CL2.

Oh, forgot to mention the obvious on my spec:

Windows XP Home
Soundblaster Live! 7.1 Sound 24-bit

Have you defragged recently? That can help alot. And make sure there is no spyware or anything like that, it can really hurt the PC's performance.

Thanks for the help so far, Unreal89 :) Really appreciate it (desperate to reach 20,000)

I defrag daily with Diskeeper Lite (think I mentioned it in my first post, let me just check...) but I don't have any kind of spyware monitor.

Is there any good free spyware software that you would recommend?

Thanks! :)

Ad-Aware SE is great. I found there were several pieces of spyware on my pc, and since they've been removed - my pc's score has gone up by 50 or so.

Back