• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tixati Torrent Client Tweaks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Davidleebjr

Dumped the old Utorrent... god blessed program has more bloatware in it every version.. another sell out..

Jumping over to Tixati... any optimizing or tweaking tips i'd be helpful.. :confused:

If tixati's junk... someone throw me a bone on which torrent client rocks.. encryption required as comcast really don't need to be up in my business as much as i can help it..

thanks

Why not go with the 2.2.x release of uTorrent? That is one of the best releases.

I'm with thidy on this one... uT 2.2 was probably their best version and you can still get it from the official site if you want.

As for the latest version running bloatware... Care to elaborate? I've been running 3.1.3 since it came out (I update it as soon as updates are available) and have not seen any bloatware to speak of... Yes; they did add that "Upgrade to uTorrent Plus" thing on the bottom right, but that would hardly be considered bloatware; it's just a small link to their premium client/service... And considering you can hide that from the preferences... it's a non issue. Unless there is something else I'm not seeing, but I doubt it since I use the client on a daily basis.

Utorrent frustrated

I may have been a little heavy on the bloatware word. Completely frustrated after I've used utorrent forever and this last install every single time I open the containing folder for my torrent d/l the popup window "Upgrade to utorrent plus" comes up. I dug deep in utorrent forums googled it found nothing. No matter what I chose that utorrent plus popup was incessant popping up and short of closing utor and opening the file through windows explorer could i stop.

Sorry for my slam of Utorrent I'll go back to 2.2 version as it was great back then and i'm not one that needs all that fluff. Even tried Vuze... for about 2 1/2 minutes till the interface made me feel like i was looking at a media player and not a torrent client.

Thanks for setting me straight

Just in case any new member would Like to know

and yes MattNo5ss i know this But now we have a Video

what is wrong with my Post ??

The fact that the information contained here is almost two years old, so its probably pushing obsolete anyway?

Because the policy here is to leave all threads open...:rolleyes: (at the policy - I dispise it for reasons like this and especially the several year bumps!).

:rofl: :thup:

+∞

That's your second infinity today, you're on a roll!

Nothing is wrong with the post, and it is possible somebody will stumble upon this thread and find the answer they need in that video.

Since all you posted was a link, it appeared that you didn't realize the thread was so old. It can be funny when people accidentally bump a thread. It would have been different if you would have said "I know this thread thread is old, but in case anyone ever needs help, here's a video: <link>"

Back