• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Top 5 World RAC in our sights

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah, we are getting closer to 4th now!!!! Keep it up guys!!!!! :thup:
I've added another server to the mix, 4 more servers coming!!! :attn:

Just picked up a lot of Xeon L5420 cpus that will be getting new homes soon. If anyone has some dual socket771 boards that arent being used let me know.

How many did you get?

I have to resale 2 servers, cuz my dumb a** didn't pay any attention to what I was buying lol. Anyone needing blade servers? or have any HP or Dell blade Enclosures racks? Like the Dell M1000e or HP C3000 cheap?

Found some Dell Precision t5400 barebone cases on eBay last night that should be on their way soon for these guys. These will make very nice crunchers when they are built, two PCI Express x16 slots, dual cpu sockets and 1000w power supplies. Looks like dual slot cards will fit in them, so I'm thinking GTX660s given timing of when I'm able to complete the builds.

I figure the CPUs alone should be good for 4.5-5.5k RAC each (my work box, uses a slightly faster 2.66GHz version of this chip, with only 6MB l2 cache and has peaked at 5050 RAC) so that's going to double my current production. Add in ten GPUs (and it looks like the 660 should be close to the 580's performance) and look out leaderboard.

Nice!!!!!:thup:

I'm in the process of setting up 5 cpu cruncher servers now, hopefully this weekend I will post some picks of my mess hahahaha.

Well, I have finally made it to #75 in total points and #16 in RAC.
I am shooting for top 5 in RAC, so I have a LOOONNGGG road ahead. You guys make it tough to get up there in RAC.. lol

#117 in total points for me, took me awhile to get there.
I just moved to #11 in the RAC. You 16th, not far behind. :thup:
It's rough getting up there, just gotta wait and crunch and crunch and crunch.

Wow! Just noticed the progress you guys have made... Congrats! Keep on pushing.

Back