• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Torin3's GTX 1080 Folding thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well, after looking at what EVGA has for the 1080's, about the same price as the 980's, so I sent off a auto notify on a GTX 1080 for $609.00 for when they come out. :thup::) Also I don't see the prices on the 980's coming down any time soon.

Well, 'll have to watch the market fluctuation but I will be getting a 1080 to fold with. Purchase time probably in Oct or Nov. Until my plans change again anyway. My 7970's and 280x's will be phased out as they die but I want to stay in the top of the production lists as best I can.

Yep. Looks like we will have a lot of competition with these cards. Torin's results are being dissected thoroughly.

Well. I'm here to curb som enthusiasm :)

10 days in, ny two 1080s are only on average 524 000 PPD as per HFM log file. I have EVGA SC running at +100Mhz at about 2050Mhz, power/temp at max in PrecX, I have OK temps (70/78C) I have default settings on WUs, running Win8.1 with Nvidia 386,39 drivers.

The thing is, I do get some ~700K PPD WUs, but not a lot - and they are all OPENMM_21 - but I do get LOADS of lower-scoring ZETA_DEV. Right now the two running WUs ar about ~525000 PPD.
Is there something going on that I don't get? Blocking WUs, older drivers, whatever, Stanford running out of new jobs - but plenty of older jobs?
Any insight, help!

Also, I'm using the 368.25 drivers. I don't know if that will make a difference or not.

see page #3 post# 62 and see if that helps.

It appears so. Due to a period of not getting new WUs (may have been my ancient switch acring up), I reset all to default and forgot to set them back. Been busy with "redecorating" my mancave lately. I see 629K/816K now :)

Linux would help and I've seen a load of Zeta Dev (core 18) WU recently as well - really dragged down my PPD, my 970 showed a PPD of 181k yesterday based on the core 18 WU it was working on

Back