• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Triple monitors?? Laptop screen plus dual ports on docking station

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rxtrom

I have a dell latitude d610 and its docking station.

Right now I use the laptop screen & an external monitor - connected to the docking station.

OR I close the laptop and use 2 external monitors hooked up to the docking station.

My question is... is there a way to keep my laptop screen and both external screens usable???

Thanks

Rob

I Do not beleive so (unless one of them is set to clone or something)...

My i9300 is only capable of 2 monitors. though (one in a million shot) you might be able to find some modded drivers...

Yes, there's one way I know... but you'll need a external box like the Matrox Triplehead2go. They also have the Dualhead2go for just two.

I've not seen running duals externals off the laptop.. mine only has 1 external port so I've done 1 external plus the laptop screen unassisted.
But, I have the matrox triple box and can run 3 externals plus the laptop screen for a total of 4 monitors. Because your docking station has two ports and the matrox will only use one of those, you could probably use 4 external monitors... if someone figures out how to maintain the laptop screen while you run duals off the dock, you could get 5 monitors.:attn:

my setup goofing off with widescreen WoW... note the laptop screen is off by choice, but can be left on.
laptop-setup.jpg

That is overkill to the max (but so awesome). What's the resolution on those monitors?

kayson said:
That is overkill to the max (but so awesome). What's the resolution on those monitors?
It's a 3840x1024 desktop (3*1280x1024)... it can do others, but that's the largest size.

I use mine for office apps like CAD... so large desktop is extremely usefull. For gaming, it's kinda distracting... minimap is too far from the center screen, so it's tough to deal with "awareness" out of the corner of your eye. I prefer my laptops native 1920x1200 screen for gaming.

More overkill... I've got a good projector too for presentations. 1600x1200 gaming across a wall ;)

Back