• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trouble deciding on a screen 1440x1560

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DeclaredSnow

Registered
I've been looking at panels for a while now and one of the ones I am looking the most at are the ASUS ROG SWIFT panels. Both the TN and IPS. ( PG278QR and PG279Q ).

but I find it a bit hard t justify the price tag on these panels, and by that I mean they are starting to age, these are one of the first G-sync panels from a few years back. they still cost about the same

now, I don't mind having to lay down a good 800euros for a great screen, but I would like that said screen to last me a good few years without becoming a "bottleneck".

has anyone some advice for me? or other panels they advice?

few things

1440x1560 ca 27inch

it will be used mainly for gaming, I play a good mix of different games, some fast paced multiplayer fps and other more story genre games. ( thinking about the delay here, and the whole TN vs IPS panels, ( writing this feels like opening a whole can of worms ).

I might as well want G-sync since I've only good things about that technology.

high refresh rate.

The other question at hand would be GPU power. I am assuming ill need at least a gtx 1080 to run 1440 and push out 100+fps? on as maxed settings as possible? also considering to pick up a 1080ti since we are so far down the 10 gen already, if that one is not a total overkill for the results I am expecting.-

if any,. thanks for the help and have a great day!

I personally own the PG279Q.
I don't think that I would go back to a TN panel and Gsync is a fabulous technology. The only downside to both of these is price.

To constantly stay above 100fps on max settings you are in 1080ti territory. I had looked at getting a 1080 but the real world difference was not worth the money to upgrade IMO.

Hey thank you for the reply. Yeah people keep telling me that they dont want to go back to TN after using IPS. but would there be a noticeable difference in the delay? 1 vs 4ms?. Ive only used 1080p tn panels before this.

On the other hand or gpu if you want.

I would probably get a 1080TI since when I am throwing down this kind of cash, a few hundred more wont really matter. No college for my son thought :p

If you are trying to climb to the top of the leader-boards (and have the ability) in CSGo, you may notice. I personally do not notice input delay.

My son destroys people at COD on this system so it does not seem to bother him either.

Good son :), my own son is currently only interested on console gaming, but once he starts in school next year I'll make sure he's announcing himself as a prince to the othes plebs :)

Looks like I will get myself the IPS panel with a 1080ti.

Adding these parts to the list and a new case, water cooler, a hue, new fans and some other mods, yea, this will be a fun minor system hard ware uppgrade :)

Back