• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unable to get Vcore reading

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CK75

Hi All,

Newbie here. Just bought a I7 8700k and Asus Maximus Hero. Tried to OC but software used all came out with weird reading on the vcore (Also cant find VID). The vcore reading fluctuate between 0.56 to 0.63.:confused::confused:

Tried the following software:

CPUZ
HWM
Aida64
Open Hardware Monitor

Have updated the MB Bios to 0505. Bios did show vcore voltage within those that I have set.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Is that the idle voltage you are seeing or under load? I like HWinfo64 my self.
Is your OC through BIOS or software. The way you said it left me unsure.

Both idle and under load. OC in bios. Set 48 x 100 at 1.26v. LLC 3. In win10, all softwares mentioned show 0.63v while idle and lower to 0.56v on 100% load.

I wonder all that software is reading? I would simply OC through the bios until that softrware is updated. Does the ASUS software read it right? I hate to say it, but use that (for now).

Asus software have the right reading. Also the HWinfo64 which I have just downloaded. Too used to all those mentioned software. After seeing those reading, thought something wrong with the MB or Chip. Thanks guys!!

While I'm overclocking and benchmarking, I turn off speedstep in the BIOS. I think that's the thing that keeps dropping vcore and frequency to save energy and to keep the CPU cooler. Then, once you're manually overclocked above the turbo speed, the voltages should settle down (or settle up if you raised it a lot).

Back