• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Underclocking MobileBarton with higher voltage dangerous?? software multiplier chang

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aihyah

Underclocking MobileBarton with higher voltage dangerous?? software multiplier chang

i have a mobile barton at 2.2ghz 1.85v. most of the time it doesn't need this power, esp when its just sitting around or downloading or whatever. if i lower the multiplier using crystalcpuid to 668mhz or whatever, it still works fine. the temperature drops 8c or so. so it seems to be using less power, but will the high voltage damage it somehow? i cannot change it because the k7s5a pro doesn't support changing voltage any easy way, let alone in o/s.

i just want less heat in my room, to use less power, and well, a cooler cpu when its not gaming is nice:)

Only way you can change it is via bios AFAIK. If you have it at 1.85V (seems high) then as that is not the default voltage you must have been able to change it before?? Anyway 1.85V if your temperatures are under control should be OK and wont damage it - they are pretty robust cpus!

[q]
Only way you can change it is via bios AFAIK. If you have it at 1.85V (seems high) then as that is not the default voltage you must have been able to change it before?? Anyway 1.85V if your temperatures are under control should be OK and wont damage it - they are pretty robust cpus![/q]

ah, well i did a socket pin mod. i'm saying that the voltage cannot be changed with crystal cpuid like with some other m/b, the ecs m/b's voltage control chip is just lousy:)

Ah OK well that would explain the high voltage! You could always re-mod it to a lower voltage I am sure 1.75 or 1.8 would suffice for 2.2Ghz if you were still concerned.

hah no remod, its a pain...a horrible pain to do. running at 3x133mhz right now lol:) gotta love mobile:) i need the higher voltage for the oc. but at night and when i'm not home i think i'll leave it at 399mhz, seems to run a full 10c below 2.2ghz temp!

Back