• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unlocking Sempron 140 2nd core on Pegatron M2N68-LA using AMI BIOS add-on?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cook150

Is it possible to unlock the second core of a Sempron 140 processor on a Pegatron M2N68-LA motherboard by adding software to the AMI BIOS to create an Advanced Clock Calibration (ACC) option? From what I've searched through (e.g. https://www.techpowerup.com/review/amd-sempron-140/2.html), it appears that the motherboard+BIOS cannot unlock processors (since it isn't a SB710/SB750 Southbridge that has the ACC option built-in) and overclocking would give negligible benefits.

Not possible. It is a chipset limitation.

Maybe you could try downloading another chipset. :D

If Scotty said it's not possible on that board, take it to the bank.

Only other opinion is get a different motherboard that has the feature. That said it's not always possible to unlock a processor. It will also depend on the motherboard, I have a chip that I can unlock with one AMD motherboard and CANNOT on another AMD board. Both boards have the un lock feature.

Back