• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Update Crap-a-damn

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Will some one just pm this guy and send him a quad heat pipe phenom stock heat sink and fan already. At least hell get a good load temp might even get some oc from it too...
:facepalm:

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 31
Will some one just pm this guy and send him a quad heat pipe phenom stock heat sink and fan already. At least hell get a good load temp might even get some oc from it too...
:facepalm:

Why would I want a piece of s**t cooler? You forget, I had one with the CPU and whops, straight in the garbage it went!

Why would I want a piece of s**t cooler? You forget, I had one with the CPU and whops, straight in the garbage it went!

Because I know for a fact they can cool over 140w just as you see it depicted. It did in fact come with 140w boxed processors such as 965BE and 9950BE, AND WILL cool better than a 3 pipe cooler because it has FOUR heat pipes....

THEN you put a decent high cfm fan on it and overclock.

Thats why.......

Because I know for a fact they can cool over 140w just as you see it depicted. It did in fact come with 140w boxed processors such as 965BE and 9950BE, AND WILL cool better than a 3 pipe cooler because it has FOUR heat pipes....

THEN you put a decent high cfm fan on it and overclock.

Thats why.......

I got the 965 Phenom II and my temps was WAY higher with the stock cooler than this one (not overclocked)

Been running an A8_3850 overclocked and using IGP under that sink for years now. Max oc is 3.6ghz and spanked my FX_4100 with both cinebenches and the fx was on ambient liquid cooling.

Years. Go to classicplatforms, ive had the system a long time now. That heat sink is fine, you must live inthe desert somewhere.

Been running an A8_3850 overclocked and using IGP under that sink for years now. Max oc is 3.6ghz and spanked my FX_4100 with both cinebenches and the fx was on ambient liquid cooling.

Years. Go to classicplatforms, ive had the system a long time now. That heat sink is fine, you must live inthe desert somewhere.

Yeah I wish I did live in the desert somewhere, perfect place to get rid of a few people ;-)

Hey if I had a spare, I,d send it. Free is a good deal

Pretty surethe heat sink you have no is no good.

Do you have the original back plate installed?

When I get home tonight, ill dig in my magical box of wonders and see if the little magical mushroom man has one of those heat sinks in his pocket. Be around 7pm central us time. And maybe a shot of diamond paste in the corner of a baggy too.

Other wise like I said before, the cpu is just going to roast to death.

When I get home tonight, ill dig in my magical box of wonders and see if the little magical mushroom man has one of those heat sinks in his pocket. Be around 7pm central us time. And maybe a shot of diamond paste in the corner of a baggy too.

Other wise like I said before, the cpu is just going to roast to death.

I live in the UK bro so the postage cost will kick you in your balls!

P.S I got Arctic MX-4 thermal paste now as well, so saves you a few nickle, lol

Cooling is not by price alone...lot of looking to find the good.

As noted in images I like to see a cooler for AMD cpus tested on AMD but it is not so easy with the cooler in question since it was released in 2011 and some time has passed and it was not nearly that good at keeping a cpu cool.

I did find one graphical chart showing where the Arctic Cooling (not Cooler Master) Freezer Pro 7 Rev.2 was tested on an older i7 860 Intel socket 1156 system. No matter AMD or Intel, that cooler is not up to the task of keeping a cpu cool when under a heavy load or overclocked.
RGone...

ACooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev 2.jpg

now you need to get a little more case airflow going, the line cputin is getting to the temps i start doing something.
the vrm section, on the otherside of the cpu from the ram needs some more airflow, we like to keep that below 70c.

now you need to get a little more case airflow going, the line cputin is getting to the temps i start doing something.
the vrm section, on the otherside of the cpu from the ram needs some more airflow, we like to keep that below 70c.

After 2 hours with P95 running it hit a tops of 59c....

That'll do for me, can't be bothered messing with it anymore (as of yet)

Back