• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrade Advice from Thermaltake Pacific DIY RL240 Water Cooling Kit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

not_my_monkeys

I've installed this kit, and I like it just fine, in my Core p5.

However, I'd like to go to rigid tubing now as apparently i'm super OCD.... I want straight lines :)

If I'm going to convert I want to be sure I do it as painless as possible, and if I'm swapping things out anyhow. make sure there isnt anything else I should be doing at the same time that is best practice or improves my overall setup.

I'd also like to add something in to drain easily when / if necessary, which is one of the things i'm not exactly sure how to do.

So specific questions.

Is the radiator that came with the kit good enough, or if i take it all apart anyhow get a new rad?

Is there anything else I need I plan on getting PrimoChill 1/2in Rigid RevolverSX fittings, a bend kit, and petg clear tubing. Not sure if bends dont go so well or i just would rather put a 90 degree fitting in somewhere, whats the best rigid 90 degree to get.

Whats the best way to drain the current loop / whats the best way to build in an easier drain next time.

Thanks for the advice.

Back