• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

upgrade (pump/fans?)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dtrunk

can't decide if i even need to upgrade a few things.

consideration #1: is upgrading to a 355 or 35x pump.

consideration #2: (almost 100% gonna do this) upgrade side 200mm fan from stock coolermaster fan to bitfenix, and change back 140mm fan too.)

hopefully the screen shot shows enough details. the highs/low are from a 3-4 day uptime with video gaming. remember, i live in hawaii 75-83F degree all the time.

tempsnsetup.jpg

Going from a MCP350 to a 355 or 35x isn't going to do a whole lot for your temps, I don't think. I'd change the fan first and see how that goes. It's a lot cheaper and a lot less work.

Considering that it's pretty warm and that the heatspreader on these things doesn't do you any favors, I'd say your temps at load look fine to me. Even if you do find a way to bring them down by 5-10C, it probably won't improve your max stable clockspeed.

honestly his temps are high for his water setup and cpu. are you sure your block is seating correctly? your load temps are quite a bit higher then your min temps means one of 2 things: block isnt seated correctly or his flow rates are bad. if you do upgrade pumps get a much better D5 you have a few different rads which could be bad for that little pump

Well, min is probably idle at night, right? So there's an ambient drop there too.

Use RealTemp for CPU temps and Prime95 testing @ 30mins.

What GPU maker is that? If EVGA use Precision X.

At stock settings gimme idle and than load temps along with ambient temps.

Also, how old is the loop?

The temps I gave you earlier when I messaged you back has a slight OC on the GPU.

Changing your pump is only necessary if you can't achieve at least 1Gph due to restrictions, which would be from injectors and slim rads with lots of 90 degree bends and the such, which I just don't see from your list. You do have some gear though, so it may help slightly.

How are your fans working? What rpm are you running them at?

Last edited:
thanks for all the input.

eureka! fan speed, derp. :clap: last exterior cleaning i must have bumped some of the fan control sliders and two of them were at less than 50% (fans probably weren't even running.) here's temps from past few day. I don't compare benchmark temps but rather few day of uptime/gaming. I will reseat my cpu block with fresh TIM when i change out the fans I ordered for the 200mm side intake / 140mm rear exhaust.

i'm still interested in thoughts on lowering my temps.

i have the helix 120mm fans in "pull" on the 360 rad up top; and bgear blaster 140mm fans "pull" on my two slim 140 rads.... all running full speed. change fans on radiators? to what?

tempsnsetup1.jpg

ps: havne't tuned my lower OC yet. Hawaii is stupid hot, so i had to lower the OC for full stability of 6 hour gaming runs when it's 88f outside. i'm sure i could save 1c, will look into it.

Last edited:
Your temps look great. I get basically the same temps as you and I am running stock w/ a minor OC'd GPU @ stock voltage. (1200mhz)

you could change the fans to PUSH, and see what happens... some fans are just a bit better at pushing. Not that it will make a lot of difference.

Ideally, you'ld go for shrouded push+pull

You want good fans for 120.3? Besides the "usual" GTs? Then NoiseBlocker eLoop B12 (PWM) - a steal at $22,- a piece :D

Back