• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrade Seagate DiscWizard for full backup functionality?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

magellan

I was given an old, but NIB Seagate Backup Plus Hub 8 TB that comes with the Seagate DiscWizard software for backing up/restoring. What Seagate DiscWizard doesn't have included is the capability of doing differential/incremental backups -- it's full or nothing. Would it be worth paying $40 to upgrade to the full version of Seagate DiscWizard software that supports differential/incremental backups or are there better ways or other backup software that I should be looking at? I'd like to do differential image backups of partitions/disks not file backups. I'm on Windows 10.

I haven't used one of these programs in a long while but I will look and get back to you. What I wanted to say first is that there most certaintly is software out there to do this type of backup. Many used to be free. I'll refresh my knowledge and get back.

I've used Macrium in the past and liked it. Here is a list of reviewed software. Some of it may not be in your price point and/or provide the services you are looking for. Some of it is free.

I've used Paragon products before. Paragon Adaptive Restore allowed me to migrate my Windows 7 install from my old 5820 (RIP) build to my 9700k build.
Paragon's backup/restore software is $80 though -- twice what the fully featured version of Seagate's Diskwizard is.

Macrium is even more expensive than Paragon -- $135.

I might just go w/upgrading Seagate Diskwizard which is, in reality, just Acronis True Image rebadged.

Back