• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrading?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BenjiBoi

Registered
should I upgrade or build an entirely new system? Or add anything to the upgrade list?

Build:

i7 4770K
GTX 760 ZOTAC
16GB KINGSTON RAM
Gigabyte H87 HD3 Motherboard
1TB Wester Digital HDD
Zalman Z12 Case
600W PSU

What I'd like to upgrade:

2x MSI GTX 970 (SLI configuration)
850 EVO 250GB SSD
750W EVGA SUPERNOVE PSU

Thanks for your help

Last edited:
1920x1080p probably, even 4K. I want to be able to run high games at max, like BF4... Would I need to add a cpu cooler or upgrade the cpu?

I don't know that you would be able to overclock on the H87 chipset board you have. Someone else will have to answer the cooler question for you. As far as the CPU is concerned, I wouldn't upgrade.

At 1080p, you don't need SLI 970s. You should be able to max out BF4 on one. At 4k, you'll want 2 980s to max out BF4, as the VRAM issue would start to surface on the 970s at that resolution.

You have asked these questions a few times for a few different setups. Are these all actual systems, and are they yours? Or are they just refreshes of the same system build that you want to get right? I'm a little confused. The last thread I saw from you kindof suggested that you were happy with the configuration and had ordered it?

The system I mentioned in this post is mine, I was just wondering if I should spend the money on a brand new build or upgrade money wise

I would pick up a single 970, the SSD and either keep the PSU if it's of good quality (what's the make and model on it, btw?), or pick up a quality 550w PSU.

That's if your staying with 1080p. You need to decide whether or not you want to make the leap to 4k. The build requirements are completely different.

Back