• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrading

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

XRogerX

ok guys and Gals

I have a budget for 2k

I'm looking for a Mobo /CPU /RAM and GFX

I'm out of the loops now after the Wife has past away so im lost

I need something that will play any game out there no matter if its AMD/Intel

Thanks In Advance

For that amount the sky is your limit. Your problem will be the GPU which will be hard to get. That said, pretty much any of them will run any game out there. I run a 3080 and my son runs a 3070, both run everything from COD to World of Warcraft maxed out with ray tracing on. If you are going from your signature pc then I just moved from that generation to a 10600k on an ASUS z490-E. A slightly more expensive option would be the 11x/z590 setup but is the most up to date build. If your ram is B-die then use it in the new system too.

If that memory is fast enough then you should forgo replacing it and step into an NVMe.

Stay with Intel and get yourself a 10850k for $420ish and a motherboard for around $200-350. Add $150-200 for a fast 1tb NVMe and you're at around $1,000. That leaves you with a $1,000 budget for a GPU. Depending on what you spent on CPU/MB/NMVe that gets you a decent 3080.

Or go with a 5800x/5900x and a B550 MB and the rest will be about the same.

Back