• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Used GPU for i5-12600K

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cpyfx

I just put together a i5-12600K with a MSI Z690 pro-a ddr4 and 16 mb memory and have been using the onboard video and it's been fine for general use, but I want to get Flight Sim and need to know if this would run it with decent settings. What would be the oldest GPU to run Flight Sim at 1080p on high settings? I see used GTX 2060 for around $500 but I hate to spend that much for used and I see that nvidia is coming out with the GTX 3050 the end of this month with a intro price at around $250, but they will sell for more, but even at $350 it might be better than used 2060 if I can get one. Any opinions?

Here's a copy of the system requirements for the newest Flight Simulator game, should tell you what you need to know for what GPU to use.

1642085825012.png

$500 seems pretty normal for that card these days unfortunately. My son briefly played Flight Sim on his 3070 and it ran pretty good. I will add to run it in all it's glory you will need a really good card. Yes a slower card will do it but not like it's meant to be enjoyed with long distance rendering and that type of stuff. I don't think anything like a 3050 will run it like it should be. If it were me I would dig deep and get the best card I could afford now because I don't see prices on high end cards going down for quite a while. Its too late for the eVGA notify system but maybe you will get lucky with the Newegg shuffle and people have been selling some cards on here as well.

I found some on craigslist that will sell me a used EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER BLACK GAMING and new EVGA Super NOVA 750 GT Power Supply - BNIB for $300. He sent a picture of his computer showing the card running but I don't know if that's the card he sells me unless he removes it front of me. It's unclear if he is willing to do that. He wants to meet or ship using a business venmo account but I'm not comfortable with that.

1. I would highly recommend doing the meet-up rather than ship. There have been a lot of scammers over the last year with used GPUs. (either shipping a false card or not shipping anything at all and disappearing after payment)
2. $300 for an RTX 2070 Super and SupNova 750 GT BNIB is an absolute steal, which throws up the first red flag.
3. If it's BNIB how can he send a pic of it running in his system? If it's running in his system it is no longer BNIB. Red Flag #2

I would still do the meet-up as $300 for both items is a steal even in the used market, just make sure you have someone with you for safety reasons.

I am assuming the NIB is the PSU from winning the Newegg shuffle, the card is used and abused. I wouldn't do it period. The old saying "if it sounds too good to be true, it is" comes to mind. There is no way to test the device at the meet up so you pay $300 for broken card then have no recourse.

There is that other risk of CL meet ups of getting stabbed to consider.

I would rather go to his house and see it running and then pull it. I also would try to get his address first so I can look it up and see what part of the city he is in. If he's in the sub burb I would feel better. The card is used but the ps is new and he said he upgraded. the gpu.

I think I flushed out the scam. He wanted to send me the shipping details and then I could pay. Big red flag. I guess the hunt is back on for a decent GPU that's reasonably priced.

Picked up a RX570 new for $175. Hope this will be fine for Flight Sim.

Just to poke a little fun at your expense.... sorry.... I think that you should have more than 16 MB of DDR4 RAM. ;) I know it's a typo and the guys above were great to lend assistance. Just a little tech chuckle for us tech geeks.

Back