• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

User32.dll help?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Agentorange88

Registered
Sometimes when I download a program and try to run it I get this error message:

"The system DLL user32.dll was relocated in memory.The application will not run properly.The relocation occurred because the DLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHELL32.dll occupied an adress range reserved for Windows system DLLs.The vendow supplying the DLL should be contacted for a new DLL."
Could someone explain to me what it means or how I could fix it?

I have two shell32.dll files.Both are found in the one is in the system folder and the other in under the "system\VITrans" folder.Both say they are copyright to Microsoft and were created on the same date.

Have you installed VistaPack Vitrans? If so that's probably the culprit. Could be mixing versions of user32.dll and shell32.dll which shouldn't be mixed.

You also should have many shell32.dll in your security patch backup directories. Haven't you installed MS security patches or servicepacks?

I'm running SP1 and I havn't downloaded and updates.I have one Hotfix in my add/remove programs "Windows XP Hotfix (SP2) [See q329256 for more information].I do have a Vista Transformation Pack by Mr.Windows X.Got it from Majorgeeks so I thought I could trust it.

Agentorange88 said:
I'm running SP1 and I havn't downloaded and updates.I have one Hotfix in my add/remove programs "Windows XP Hotfix (SP2) [See q329256 for more information].I do have a Vista Transformation Pack by Mr.Windows X.Got it from Majorgeeks so I thought I could trust it.

The description of this 'pack' according to soft32.com includes the following statement :-

Drawbacks / flaws: Once installed, it reduces the speed of your machine and might create system instability if installed with the option "Automatic Transformation", as it messes with the system files.

http://www.soft32.com/download_3720.html

Says it all really -- :rolleyes: There's your problem

Back