• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Using my Win7 License on a new machine? NOT DUAL USE!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pierre3400

annnnnnd it's gone
Hey guys,

I was wondering, if i had a Dell prebuilt machine, and i went and built my own machine, but didnt want to buy a new windows, and i wont need the Dell machine anymore, could i use this Dell license key on my home made rig?

Not sure how it works with Dell, but I used my key off of my Acer desktop. (parted out to build my first)

When I activated it, it prompted me to call a toll free number where I enter the key over the phone and it gave me a a confirmation key to enter in.

I have reinstalled that OS several times now and havent had an issue since the first time.

Technically no I don't think you can, but you can if you just MANUALLY call the hotline to register if it doesn't automatically do it. Just don't use it on more than one computer.

Hey guys,

I was wondering, if i had a Dell prebuilt machine, and i went and built my own machine, but didnt want to buy a new windows, and i wont need the Dell machine anymore, could i use this Dell license key on my home made rig?
No, it does not transfer because that would violate the user agreement.

Back